Wednesday 16 May 2018

What's in my daily make-up bag

I was getting a little bored with the products in my every day make-up bag so decided to switch them around. As much as I want to finish products, I also want to enjoy what I'm using. There's no point forcing myself to use products when I'm bored with them, it defeats the purpose of wearing make-up.


Nude by Nature Mineral Finishing Veil
I use this to set my foundation and concealer. It does a great job. It's not a product that I'd repurchase, purely because I prefer the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders.

Maybelline Creamy Beige Colour Tattoo Leather
For a quick, easy eye look that lasts all day and doesn't smudge, this is  my go to. I'd love to find a natural non creasing cream shadow, if you know of any please let me know. Meanwhile, I have barely made a dent in this one so I'll be using it for ages.

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer
I so wish we had the full range of Soap and Glory products in Australia. They have so many wonderful things that we can't get our hands on, the Kick Ass Concealer being one of them. Easily one of my top five favourite concealers, I use Kick Ass daily to cover my under eye circles. It doesn't crease or fade and also works well at hiding dark spots and blemishes.

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer

SSE has cult status for a reason, it's amazing. With one product I can have a concealer, full coverage foundation, tinted moisturiser, light or medium coverage foundation. For my usual daily look I'll mix a tiny bit of SSE with primer to create a medium coverage foundation. I then also use it as a spot concealer and dark circle concealer. Finding the right shade can be difficult, so I recommend going into a store to get colour matched. 

Hourglass Vanish Champagne Flash Highlighter
Isn't it cute! My last Beauty Loop box contained this super cute travel sized highlighter. I added it to my make-up bag because it's small enough that I'll finish it relatively quickly. I use it on my cupids bow and to highlight under my brows.

Covergirl The Super Sizer Mascara 
After Lancome's Flextencils was discontinued I haven't found a mascara that I love. Plenty of them are okay, but I'm yet to fall in love. I like Super Sizer, it makes my lashes look good and isn't clumpy. It's not love though.

ModelCo More Brows
I've never understood the purpose of tinted brow gels until I realised that they work really well over brow pencil to add a bit of extra colour and hold. This is the step in my brow routine that I didn't realised I needed. I picked this up when ModelCo was half price at Woolworths.

Artdeco Mineral Eye Styler
Artdeco have some beautiful products and they're very reasonably priced. I'm surprised that you don't hear more about them on blogs and youtube. The Mineral Eye Styler is a long lasting, easy to use, twist up eye pencil. It's not as good as my beloved, discontinued Essence liner, but it comes in a good second.

Shu Uemura Acorn Hard Brow Pencil
This is the brow pencil that just won't die. I've been using it daily for around three years now and I still have some left. Admittedly it's nearly done, I'm down to the nub and determined to finish it.

Bobbi Brown Dusty Pink Art Stick
I've had this sitting in my collection for a while now. I used it once, wasn't fussed with it so put it away. I'm not sure why I got it out again but I'm glad I did because it's a gorgeous, long lasting lipstick.

Dr Brandt Xtend Your Youth Lip Filler and Volumizer
I am so close to finishing this and I'll be glad to see the back of it. It's done absolutely nothing for my lips. No plumping, no volumising, no filling, nothing. The only reason I haven't tossed it is that it makes an ok lip primer.

Givenchy Magic Lip and Cheek Balm 
Oh how I love my Magic Lip and Cheek Balm. It's one of those colour adapting products that I'm obsessed with. It gives a beautiful flush of colour on my cheeks. I only need a tiny bit as the colour brightens up for about five minutes after I apply it, so when I put on too much I get a shock when I look in the mirror and see that I have clown cheeks. Not a good look. I also use it as a lip colour, it gives a nice sheer wash of colour. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!