Monday 7 May 2018

April empties

It's empties time again! April was a pretty slow month for empties, I didn't manage to finish much. I did however, finish a few skin care products that I've been working on for ages, so that was satisfying.


After working on a lot of these skin care products for ages, it's nice to see them gone. I'm back to using samples and travel sized products, I'm determined to clean the clutter off my counter and only have a selection of full sized products. Samples and travel sizes are great but they make my counter look too messy. I leave them out so that I don't forget to use them.


Body Blendz face masks
I was lucky enough to receive a selection of Body Blendz masks to try. In short, they were all lovely. You can read my full review here

Lani Tropical Super Serum
I really wanted to love this but I just don't. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't an awful product, it just didn't do anything. When I didn't use it my skin was exactly the same. I was also disappointed that it didn't smell nice, I thought it'd smell like jasmine but it didn't have much of a scent. 
Lani describes this as a potent facial elixir with a nutrient rich blend of tropical oils and divinely scented jasmine to leave your skin incredibly healthy, smooth and luminous. I wish it'd been right cause that would have been wonderful. Alas, this was a fail for me.

Kiss Ready Skin Deodorant
I'm stinky again now that I've finished my beloved Kiss Ready deodorant. It's the best natural deodorant I've tried. Considering I've tried over fifty of them and have been trialling natural deodorants for more than seven years, that's saying something.
As luck would have it I also ran out of my second favourite natural deodorant, so I'm smelling bad at the moment. 
I'll be ordering again as soon as Louella has the new sun butter in stock.

The Physic Garden Sensitive Deodorant
This was one of the first effective natural deodorants that I found and it's still a favourite. I've already purchased another tub. 
 
Graham's Natural Moisturising Cream
This is an amazing, very reasonably priced anti-aging moisturiser that I'll definitely be repurchasing. Graham's have a lovely range of products, they're suitable for sensitive skin, Australian owned and made and so very cheap. If you've yet to try a Graham's product, you're missing out. 

Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil
I've had my Lotus Face Treatment Oil for years, used it on and off but never stuck with it. For summer it's a great, lightweight oil that absorbs quickly and keeps my face hydrated. If I hadn't discovered my beloved Kiss Ready Skin Light Chia oil I'd repurchase, however Kiss Ready is nicer, cheaper and from an Aussie small business so it wins.

Eco Pure Body Scrub
This was a total waste of money. I don't know how they can call it a body scrub, it's more like a shower gel with a few scrubby bits thrown in. It smelled awful too.
My boys poured most of it down the drain when they were having a shower, I wasn't upset. 

Alaffia Deodorant
These are my favourite stick style natural deodorants. They aren't easy to get hold of in Australia, I get mine from iHerb. Now that I've found Kiss Ready I won't be repurchasing, however I will keep one on hand for when I travel due to the plastic packaging. 

Vanessa Megan Winter Gray Natural Perfume
My BFF gave this to me because it wasn't her type of scent. It's definitely my type of scent. 
I wore this exclusively until it was gone and going back to synthetic perfumes was difficult, they smell so much stronger!

100% Pure Coffee Bean Eye Cream
With all the raves this gets I was expecting amazing results. I didn't get them. It's funny how a product can work so well for some people yet do nothing for others. I love the scent and how it keeps my eye area hydrated, but that's all it did. No reduction in dark circles, no plumping of fine lines, nothing. Needless to say, I won't repurchase. 


Samples:
I loved (and purchased a full size) of the Origins Drink Up Mask.
The UD Primer Potions were lovely, I really liked the tinted versions and will purchase one when I've finished my current primers.
I love the Kevyn Aucoin highlighter but haven't bought a full size yet, it's only a matter of time. 
The Nip and Fab Kale Fix Moisturiser was lovely. 
I already own a full size of The Body Shop Italian Fig perfume, it's beautiful.
Everything else was unremarkable or too small for me to form an opinion.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!