Monday 19 March 2018

Loving lately

I've stopped doing monthly favourite posts whilst I'm concentrating on panning, mainly because I use the same things all the time, so monthly favourite posts would be a boring mix of the same products. Instead I'll do favourite posts when I've got a mix of interesting products to chat about.


Skinfood NZ Gel Cleanser
I was recently sent some Skinfood NZ products to try. I've been using most of them daily and it's love. Skinfood products are natural, organic, cruelty free and smell beautiful. 
The gel cleanser is a particular favourite. It's super gentle, smells like fruit, doesn't irritate my eyes and easily removes make-up. It leaves my normal to dry skin feeling clean and comfortable, without that awful squeaky clean or dry feeling. 

The Body Shop Spa of the World Adriatic Peony Body Wash
Wouldn't it be great if all brands released their products in travel sizes? It's a great way to test products and they're so much easier to use up. The Adriatic Peony is a lovely, hydrating cream body wash that smells amazing. It also works well as a bath gel.

Bite Beauty Luminous Cream Lipstick in Pepper 
This is my perfect mlbb lipstick shade. It's a beautiful pinky mauve shade. I love Bite Beauty lipsticks, they smell and taste great, feel like a balm and they're natural. Unfortunately the Luminous Cream range has been discontinued, however Pepper is available in the Amuse Bouche range which is very similar, just a little more matte.

It's The Bomb Bath and Body Products Lip Scrub in Orange Creamsicle
I love all my It's The Bomb products. The latest thing Lisa has made is lip scrubs. They're a bargain at only $5 for a 50 gram pot. 
I have a love hate relationship with lip scrubs. I love the way they make my lips feel but I don't like them too oily or too dry. This one is perfect. It doesn't leave an oily film on my lips, it's not so dry that I can't easily pick it up, it's perfect. Plus, it smells and tastes amazing.

Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist
If I could only wear one scent for the rest of my life it'd be rose. Rose lip balm, rose perfume, rose everything. The rose scent is why I love this face mist. It smells amazing. That is all.

Raww Mascara
Mascara is one of those products that I'm having trouble finding a natural replacement for. Sure, there are plenty of natural mascaras available, but finding one that I like isn't easy and it's an expensive exercise. When it comes to non natural mascara, I know what works for me and I can buy it on sale so I'm not out of pocket too much if I buy one that I don't like. Natural mascara is usually around the $30 mark, so finding one I love is costly. I also prefer brown mascara, which again, isn't easy to find. 
I was sent the Raww mascara to try and when I liked it, was delighted to find that it comes in brown as well as black. I raced out and bought the brown version and now wear it every day. It gives good volume and definition, doesn't smudge and contains no nasties. 
It's not my holy grail mascara but it's pretty good.

Hurraw Black Cherry Tinted Lip Balm

When I first tried Hurraw lip balms I didn't like them. I don't recall why, but I just didn't like them. I threw them in my lip balm collection and forgot about them until I was hunting for a balm in an oval tube and found my Hurraw balms. I got one out, used it and fell in love. 
I love the untinted balms, but the tinted balm is getting the most use at the moment. It's the perfect wash of sheer red, great for those days when I don't want to commit to a full red lip but still want something bright.

Crystals
I finally got my crystals out and I'm wondering why it took me so long. We have a beautiful crystal shop in town now, so my collection is growing once again.  

What have you been loving lately?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!