Monday 1 January 2018

What's in my shower - Face scrubs on rotation

Hi beautiful people! Happy new year! I hope you've all had a lovely start to the year. We had a very quiet new years eve and were all asleep way before midnight.

Today I'm showing you the face scrubs that are currently in my shower. I like to keep a few different scrubs, I use them according to how my skin feels and what it needs. 


Alpha-H Gentle Daily Exfoliant
I have a love hate relationship with powder exfoliants. Whilst I love the way they make my skin feel, I struggle to get the right powder to water ratio so either have it way too runny or too thick. You'd think there'd be an easier way, if there is I haven't figured it out yet. Despite my ineptness, I still love this scrub, which says a lot about how good it is. Even when I've made it a watery mess it still makes my skin feel soft and smooth.Gentle Daily Exfoliant is gentle enough to use every day and leaves my skin feeling amazing. If you have sensitive skin, this would be ideal.

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub
Out of the four scrubs in my shower, this is the most intense. It's ideal for those days when my skin is feeling rough and looking dull. I rub it lightly over my face my a few minutes, rinse it off and I'm done. The particles are small and smooth, however as there are so many of them it'd be easy to irritate skin, so if you have sensitive skin, be gentle.

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Scrub
The only reason I'm using the Alba Botanica scrub is because I won it. It's not the sort of scrub I'd usually go for, it's in a gel base and there aren't many scrubby bits. It works well for days when I just want a light exfoliation. It won't get rid of rough patches or brighten skin tone, but it's fine for light exfoliation.

Sanctuary Spa Warming Microbrasion Polish
I use this for the novelty factor because it warms up when I rub it into my face. I'm not sure that the warming has any special effect, but it's fun to use. They're being a bit optimistic calling it microbrasion, it's nowhere near as intense as you'd expect from microbrasion. I'd say it gives a medium scrub. It's between the light exfoliation of Alba Botanica and the intense exfoliation of Acure.

Out of the four scrubs, I'll be repurchasing Acure and Alpha-H.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!