Monday 4 December 2017

What's in my travel make-up bag


With holidays just around the corner I thought I'd share with you the products that I carry in my travel make-up bag. I keep these products packed so that if we have to go away I just grab the bag and I'm done. I started doing this when my FIL was sick and we often had to leave at a moment's notice. Over the years I've pared things down and only take products that I'll use.

It's tempting to take a huge range of products, but I've realised that I never use them and they just take up unnecessary space in my suitcase.


On holidays I'm all about effortless beauty. I want to look put together without looking like I'm wearing a tonne of make-up. I also don't want to spend ages getting ready every morning.

Here's what I take:

Dior Skinflash
I use this as both a highlighter and concealer. It gives just enough coverage to lighten up my under eye area. It also works well as an inner eye highlight.
 
Stila Evangeline Color Balm lipstick
On me this is the perfect mlbb colour. It lasts around six hours before I need to reapply and it has the hydration level of a lip balm.
 
Stila Indigo Stay All Day liquid eyeliner
I usually keep my eyes fairly nude, so a pop of bright eyeliner livens things up.
 
Smashbox Photo Matte Eyes
This palette is ideal for travel. It has a great range of colours and I can create most of the eye looks that I want to with it. Plus it's small so doesn't take up much room.

Clinique Moisture Surge CC
I love CC's, they give great coverage and feel light on my skin. The Clinique version is lovely, it gives light, buildable coverage. A light dusting of powder over the top and I'm good to go. 

ModelCo Instant Brows
Last trip I realised that I hadn't packed a brow product so picked up Instant Brows for half price at the supermarket. What a find. It's easily as good as the MAC and Shu pencils that I normally use, but half the price. The spoolie brush on the end makes it the only brow product I need.

Nude by Nature powder
Whilst this can be used alone as a foundation, I like to use it over the top of my CC. Together they give me a flawless, long lasting base.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette
This is my finishing touch. I use the first shade as an all over powder, the middle shade as a highlighter and the end shade as a light bronzer. 

Too Faced Better Than Sex waterproof mascara
Waterproof mascara is a must have on holidays!

Chantecaille Shy Cheek Creme
Whilst this is a cream blush it also works well as a light lip tint. It's easily one of the nicest cream blushes I've ever used and lasts all day without fading or shifting. 

Bare Minerals Elegant Taupe cream eye shadow
For budge proof, waterproof shadow look no further. It doesn't crease, fade or smudge, it stays put all day. 
 
What do you pack in your travel make-up bag?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!