Monday 11 December 2017

Updated Burt's Bees Lipstick review

Back in 2016 I wrote a review of the newly released Burt's Bees lipsticks. I'd used them for a few months and loved them. Since then a few things have changed, so I've updated my review.

As a huge fan of Burt's Bees products I was so excited when they announced they were releasing a lipstick range, I stalked their site daily waiting for them to become available. When they were I bought one straight away and then bought another one when I found them at Priceline. There are 14 shades available. Priceline only has 12 of the shades, David Jones carry the full range.


I purchased two shades, Blush Basin a lovely pinky nude and Lily Lake which is a mauve pink. The packaging is gorgeous and made of recyclable packaging.

Burt's Bees says: Intense colour meets conditioning 8-hour moisture. Full-coverage, vibrant colour in 14 shades made with 100% naturally moisturising ingredients like moringa and raspberry seed oils to help soften and condition your lips all day long. Smooth satin finish doesn't dry out lips. Helps to hydrate and moisturise lips leaving them feeling soft and smooth. Features naturally moisturising ingredients such as beeswax, moringa oil, raspberry seed oil and vitamin e.


Both lipsticks feel very balm like, I forget I'm wearing lipstick and feel like I'm wearing a balm. I don't find them to be particularly long lasting, I get about two hours wear before I need to reapply. I'd guess that the darker shades would last longer. There is a very light fragrance and no flavour.


One criticism I have is that the lipstick doesn't wind the whole way down into the tube. It was only a matter of time until I nicked the top of the lipstick.





Blush Basin on top, Lily Lake on the bottom
Blush Basin

Lily Lake
 

The photo below shows what happened to Lily Lake after about six months. I have no idea what the lumps are. They were hard, didn't dissolve and didn't have any colour in them. When I put the lipstick on you could see where the lumps had been as those parts of my lips had no colour on them.

At first I thought it might be shea butter, but they appeared in summer and didn't dissolve when the lipstick was warm. 

I posted the photo below on Instagram and several people said that the same thing had happened to their Burt's Bees lipstick too.

Poor Lily Lake ended up in the bin. A few months later the same thing happened to Blush Basin, so it ended up in the bin too.

Whilst I did initially love my Burt's Bees lipsticks, I won't repurchase because of the weird lumpy thing that happens with them. 

Ingredients: diheptyl succinate, castor seed oil, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, beeswax, candelilla cera (candelilla) wax, sunflower seed oil, behenyl alcohol, oleic/linoleic/linolenic polyglycerides, C12-18 acid triglyceride, lanolin, hydrogenated vegetable oil, cera carnauba carnauba) wax, moringa oleifera seed oil, raspberry seed oil, sorbitan, tristearate, glyceryl caprylate, aroma, tocopherol, soybean oil, lauroyl lysine, citric acid, linalool. 
May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, iron oxides

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!