Monday 11 September 2017

The Lip Lab Fremantle

Last Friday I went to The Lip Lab in Fremantle to get a lipstick and lip gloss made. It was so much fun! I've been wanting to go for a year now and was so excited that I could finally get there. 

My appointment was with Tanya, she's absolutely lovely, if you go there I highly recommend booking with her. 


It takes 45 minutes to make a lipstick and lip gloss, they're made right in front of you as you watch. I found the whole process fascinating. I took in my Chanel Boy lipstick intending to get it duplicated but ended up with something quite different, hahaha.  

With both the lipstick and gloss you get to choose the formula you want, I chose a creme lipstick and hydrating gloss. I also added flavour to both of them, chocolate for the lipstick and coffee hazelnut for the gloss. If I went again I'd get extra flavouring as the flavour is quite subtle and I like it to be stronger. 

I've always wondered if the product was worth the price. $55 for a lipstick is what you'd pay for a YSL lipstick. In my opinion it is well worth it because I have the exact colour that I want. The cream lipstick is opaque with one swipe, feels moisturising and lasts for around six hours. The lipstick case is satisfyingly heavy and feels high end.  

$30 for a custom made gloss is a bargain. It's much cheaper than high end lip glosses and a lot nicer. I chose the hydrating formula (they also have a glossy formula), so it feels creamy and moisturising, like a tinted lip balm. 


Tanya was very patient and changed the colour at least six times before I was happy with it. Once you're happy with the colour, the flavour is added, you choose the lipstick shape you want then it's melted, put into a mould and set.

Getting a lipstick and gloss made costs $85, additives are $3. For the month of September all services at Fremantle are 20% off. Whilst it's not cheap, I do think it's well worth going, if only for the experience. I had a lot of fun and having something that's made exactly the way you want it is wonderful.

They keep a record of the colour you've got so that you can easily re-order. They'll even post products!

 Have you been to The Lip Lab? What did you get made?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!