Wednesday 19 July 2017

Aussie Brands I Love


There are some amazing Australian brands available, every few weeks I discover a new brand, it's so exciting. Today I thought I'd talk about a few lesser known brands that I don't see much about on blogs and social media.  


Audra James
If you want to feel like one of those rich people who have bespoke products made just for them, Audra is your go-to. Aside from being an all round lovely person, Audra hand makes beautiful, bespoke products. If you have a skin problem I guarantee Audra can fix it for you. Email Audra with your requirements and she'll find you a solution. When I was pregnant with Eljay Audra made me a morning sickness blend that I'd put on my wrists, temples and breathe in to help ease the nausea. Her custom blended perfume is the nicest scent I've ever used and her facial oils are amazing. 


Shanghai Suzy
I've used Shanghai Suzy lipsticks since they first launched. Back then I liked but didn't love them because they had a grape bubblegum scent that I wasn't a fan of. Fast forward a year and they introduced  a gorgeous strawberry flavour that I love. Shanghai Suzy lipsticks are a bargain at only $14.95, they're Australian made and owned, vegan and cruelty free. They have a range of eight permanent lipsticks and release limited edition seasonal ranges twice a year. The permanent range lipsticks are the matte formula, it's easily the nicest matte lipstick I've ever used. Despite being matte, they aren't drying and don't feel tight or uncomfortable on my lips, they're surprisingly hydrating. I can wear my Shanghai Suzy lipsticks daily without getting the dreaded dry cracked lips I usually get from wearing matte lipsticks.


The Physic Garden
I first discovered The Physic Garden on Instagram when I was searching for a natural deodorant that didn't contain bicarb soda. Whilst there are plenty of natural, bicarb free deodorants, finding one that actually works is difficult. The Physic Garden's Sensitive deodorant is one that does work, even through summer. For those who are interested in zero waste, their products come in reusable glass jars or little tins. 
I use and love their lip balms, Sleep Balm (it's magic for kids) and Sensitive Deodorant, they're all winners. 


Shanghai Lil and the Scarlet Fez
Firstly, don't you just love the name? I do, it makes me think of those awesome, retro 60's people. Shanghai Lil and the Scarlet Fez are a South Australian brand. They do a range of perfumes and skin care that all sound and look gorgeous. So far I've only tried the lip balms (no surprises there). 
I have no idea why more brands don't do caramel lip balm, surely they would be super popular. When I opened my package the first thing I could smell was the caramel lip balm, it smells amazing. The rose balm is just as good, rose and white chocolate are a match made in heaven. 
If you're a lip balm lover, do yourself a favour and buy some of these balms, they're perfection. 


Concordia Handcrafted Skincare
Concordia is another brand that I discovered on Instagram. Their products are hand made by a naturopath and designed for sensitive, eczema prone skin. Every product that I've tried so far is beautiful and I can't wait to try more of the range. If you only try one of their products make it the Brightening Moisturiser, it's beautiful. 

What are your favourite Aussie brands?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!