Monday 10 July 2017

Antipodes Remarkably Red Moisture-Boost Natural Lipstick

The Antipodes lipstick range has recently become available at Priceline so when they were on sale recently I took the chance to pick one up.


I chose Remarkably Red, which is remarkable not for being red but instead being a gorgeous berry pink. Antipodes say that it was inspired by the theatre of bright blue skies against the towering peaks of The Remarkables.

Antipodes really got it wrong with their shade names. Most of the shades have a name that's nothing like the actual colour. The coral isn't coral, the sunset shade isn't anything like your usual sunset colour, the brown shade is mauve, they've got it so very very wrong. It's for this very reason I recommend looking at the testers for each shade. When they first arrived in Priceline I looked at the shade names, picked up a few that sounded like colours I'd wear and when they weren't I didn't look at the rest. It wasn't until I saw them on Instagram that I realised the shade names were off so I went in store and looked at every colour.

Aside from the shade names, this is quite a pleasant lipstick. Antipodes say that it's so healthy you could almost eat it. Whilst it's called Moisture-Boost, I don't find it very hydrating, nor do I find it drying. It has a long lasting, matte finish and lasts for around six hours before I need to reapply. I can't say I'll be rushing out to buy another one because funnily enough, there's nothing remarkable about it. It's a good, decent quality lipstick but nothing amazing. It's not bad, it's not great, it does the job and that's it.

Antipodes Moisture-Boost lipsticks cost $29.00 and are available from David Jones and Priceline.

Ingredients: castor oil, candelilla wax, jojoba wax, carnauba wax, ethylhexyl palmitate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, beeswax, avocado oil, calendula oil, alcohol, vitamin E, evening primrose oil, shea butter, cinnamon oil, sweet orange oil, linalool, d-limonene.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!