Monday 26 June 2017

Foundations on Rotation



It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+

Often when a product is really hyped up I'm disappointed but that wasn't the case with my It Cosmetics CC+. It truly is worth all the hype. CC's traditionally give better coverage than a tinted moisturiser, the It Cosmetics version is more like a light foundation. What makes it brilliant is that it has an SPF of 50+, which is virtually unheard of in Australia. I normally wear sunscreen under my foundation but when I'm using this I can skip that step. The matte, long lasting coverage is an added bonus.   

L'oreal Infallible Matte
When I'm in for a long day this is the foundation I reach for. It gives medium to full, matte coverage that lasts all day. I don't need to powder over the top and at the end of the day my foundation looks the same as when I applied it in the morning. 

Lacura Caviar Power
For a relatively cheap foundation I'm surprised at how nice this is. It gives medium coverage with one layer, doesn't oxidise and lasts all day without fading. I like that it also comes with a matching concealer in the lid, it'd be a great space saving product to take when travelling. I'm not sure if this is a constant product or was a special buy but my store still has it so I'm guessing it's part of their regular line up.

Rimmel BB Cream Radiance
When my Nars tinted moisturiser is finished this will be my daily base. It's light enough that I can just slap it on but gives enough coverage to even out my skin tone. Whilst it won't completely hide dark spots, with a light dusting of powder over the top they aren't visible.

Bourjois Healthy Mix
I didn't get along with the old Healthy Mix however the new version is lovely. The light to medium coverage is exactly what I like, I can wear it sheer on days I don't want a lot of foundation and can layer it on days when I feel like I need extra help.   

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser

This is the base product I reach for the most. It gives good light coverage, is easy to apply and doesn't fade during the day. I usually put powder over the top to help set and hide the dark spots that aren't quiet covered. I'm currently squeezing out the last few drops from my tube, it's definitely a product I'll buy again once I've finished a few other bases.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!