Monday 29 May 2017

Shanghai Suzy Winter 2017 Treasure Chest Collection Lipsticks


Since they changed their flavour and formula Shanghai Suzy have very quickly become one of my favourite lipstick brands. Whilst the old formula was good, the new formula is amazing and even better, they are now made in Australia. 

I've been eagerly awaiting the launch of their winter range. Sadly not a lot of online stores stock the seasonal ranges and none of my local stores do, they seem to just stick with the basics range. Thankfully you can purchase directly from the Shanghai Suzy website which is what I did. Individually the lipsticks cost $14.95, however they have a great deal where you can get five lipsticks for $50, or you can purchase the whole winter range of eight lipsticks for $80 what a bargain!


I purchased three lipsticks from the winter range, Smoky Topaz, Jewel, Moonstone. The winter lipsticks come in the Satin Luxe formula which means they feel like a lip balm instead of a lipstick. It also means that they aren't as long lasting as the whipped matte range. I don't find that to be a problem, I still get two to three hours wear which is standard for a satin lipstick.

I love every one of the colours that I chose. Smoky Topaz is the one colour I wasn't sure about, Shanghai Suzy describe it as a warm pewter with mauve undertones and I thought it might not suit me. I needn't have worried. On me it's a deep browny mauve with a slight shimmer. It looks very close to my natural lip colour. 

Jewel is beautiful. It's a lovely mid tone, cool pink that stands out without being really bright and in your face. It's a great shade when I want to brighten up my face without wearing something really bold. 

Moonstone is a pale mauve and the colour that I reach for the most, it's a great, easy to wear every day colour. Moonstone is a lighter version of Smoky Topaz.

Top to bottom: Smoky Topaz, Jewel and Moonstone

I'm in love with all of these colours and can't wait until the next seasonal range is released!

Have you tried any Shanghai Suzy lipsticks? What are your favourite shades?

1 comment :

  1. I have not tried any of the Shanghai Suzy lipsticks, but after reading your post, I must buy some! xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!