Wednesday 13 July 2016

My Makeup Staples


I'm pretty fickle when it comes to make-up, however there are a few products that I use all the time and buy over and over again.

MAC Lingering brow pencil and Shu Uemura Hard brow pencil in Acorn - Both of these are perfection. I've gone through countless tubes of Lingering, it's great for B2M. When I'm not using Lingering I'm using Acorn. Value wise Acorn is much cheaper because the pencil lasts forever, with daily use I get around two years from a pencil whereas Lingering lasts me about three months.

Ardell and Savy Clear brow gel - Clear brow gel is a must for me. I've tried tinted brow gels but I don't love them. I use brow pencils to fill in my brows then clear gel to set everything in place. Both Ardell and Savy are great. Ardell is my preferred option but it can be quite hard to find, so when I can't find it Savy is my go to.

Clinique Super City Block - I have sensitive skin so finding a facial sunscreen is difficult. Super City Block was the first facial sunscreen I found that didn't irritate my skin. It's matte, absorbs quickly and makes a great make-up primer.

Burt's Bees original lip balm - Whilst I love most of the Burt's Bees lip balms, the original balm is the one that I use every day. Aside from keeping my lips healthy, it makes the perfect lip primer, because it's matte and waxy. 

Too Faced Shadow Insurance - I much prefer this over UDPP. I've tried the tinted versions but always come back to the original, it works well, doesn't change the colour of my eye shadow and keeps my shadow crease free all day

Rimmel Taupe Scandaleyes eye liner -Taupe eye liner has been my go to for years, however it's rather difficult to find. For years I used a Revlon one, however that got discontinued. I was so excited when Rimmel released the Scandaleyes taupe liner that I bought four. I use this on my lower lashline to give definition without being ott.

Nars Velvet Matte lip pencil - Dragon Girl is one of my all time favourite reds, it's perfection. One of the things that Nars do perfectly is matte lipstick crayons. I'm yet to find another brand who's matte lipstick crayons come close to being as good as Nars. You all need at least one of these in your life. My two favourtes are Dragon Girl and Sex Machine. I wore Sex Machine on my wedding day, it's a gorgeous mlbb pinky mauve (pity about the name though).

MAC Syrup lipstick - Syrup is one of the few lipsticks I've used up. I'm onto my fourth tube, it's the idea mlbb shade for me.

Revlon Honey balm stain - Honey is another mlbb shade for me. I have two, one at home and one stashed in my hand bag. I can't see myself ever being without Honey, it's true love.

MAC Paint Pots - I've finished at least two pots of Painterly, it's the perfect base colour, doesn't crease or fade and looks really natural. If you are pale like me, it also makes a good under eye concealer. 

Physician's Formula Eye Booster eye liner - Whilst I can't say that this does anything for my lash growth, it is a brilliant liquid eyeliner. The tip is a very dense brush. It's just the right length to get right along my lashline. I only need one layer to get the perfect depth of colour. I'm not sure the brown is available in Australia, I bought mine from iHerb. 

What are your staples?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!