Friday 10 June 2016

FFS Friday - Bee

My MIL is FFS Friday gold. She really is.

Last time she was down, as usual she was in fine form.

She always refers to herself in the third person. FFS.

After 10 years you'd think I'd be used to it but I'm not. 

It's so confusing. 

Last visit I couldn't resist and asked her why she talks about herself in the third person. Here's how it went down:

Me: Why do you always refer to yourself as Mum?
MIL: Because FIL always calls me Mum.
Me: But that's because he's talking about you, why do you do it?
MIL: Well I'm not going to call myself Lyall am I?
Me: No, you'd just say I instead of your name.
MIL: Well that's just what I've always done and that's what I'll continue to do.

That reason always gets me. Just because it's always been that way doesn't mean it's a good way to continue.

A little while after that conversation Eljay got stung on the neck by a bee. MIL went into major panic mode. FFS.

She was flapping around telling us that we needed to take him straight to hospital. FFS.

He's been stung before and isn't allergic to bees.

She nagged on at Tiger until he told her to shut up so then she started on at me. FFS.

I was trying to look after Eljay and she's standing in front of me ranting.

MIL: You need to listen to me. 
Me: I'm listening.
MIL: No, GQ you need to listen to me. 
Me: I'm listening.
MIL: Can you please listen to me. 
Me: I'm listening.
MIL: You really need to listen to me.
Me: I am listening, what do you want to tell me?


She wanted us to call 000 or take Eljay straight to hospital because the sting was on his neck. He wasn't showing any signs of distress. There was no swelling other than localised swelling around the sting, he was swallowing and feeding okay.

Just to appease her we called Health Direct who told us to give him an antihistamine and panadol. They also told us what signs to look for.

MIL wasn't happy with that and said we should have told them he was stung on the throat not the neck. We didn't tell them that because he wasn't stung on the throat, he was stung on the neck. FFS.

I can only imagine what it must be like to be her, she panics about everything, it must be so stressful.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!