Monday 9 May 2016

Burt's Bees lipstick review

Burt's Bees have released a lipstick range! I'm sure you are all excited as I am. Or maybe not. As a huge fan of Burt's Bees products I was so excited when they announced they were releasing a lipstick range, I stalked their site daily waiting for them to become available. When they were I bought one straight away and then bought another one when I found them at Priceline. There are 14 shades available. My Priceline only has 12 of the shades, I'm not sure if they'll be stocking the other two shades. Tulip Tide is next on my list, it'll have to wait for my next trip to Perth though, because Pricline doesn't have it. 
 
I purchased two shades, Blush Basin a lovely pinky nude and Lily Lake which is a mauve pink. The packaging is gorgeous and made of recyclable packaging.

Burt's Bees says: Intense colour meets conditioning 8-hour moisture. Full-coverage, vibrant colour in 14 shades made with 100% naturally moisturising ingredients like moringa and raspberry seed oils to help soften and condition your lips all day long. Smooth satin finish doesn't dry out lips. Helps to hydrate and moisturise lips leaving them feeling soft and smooth. Features naturally moisturising ingredients such as beeswax, moringa oil, raspberry seed oil and vitamin e.

Both lipsticks feel very balm like, I forget I'm wearing lipstick and feel like I'm wearing a balm. I don't find them to be particularly long lasting, I get about two hours wear before I need to reapply. I'd guess that the darker shades would last longer. There is a very light fragrance and no flavour. I've put Lily Lake in my handbag, it's the perfect handbag addition because it can be a balm and a lipstick at the same time, so I'm carrying one product instead of two.
 
The only criticism I have is that the lipstick doesn't wind the whole way down into the tube. So far I've managed not to nick it when I'm putting the top on, but it'll only be a matter of time. 
 
Overall I really like the lastest addition to the Burt's Bees line-up and can see a few more shades in my future. 

Blush Basin on top, Lily Lake on the bottom
Blush Basin

Lily Lake
 
Ingredients: diheptyl succinate, castor seed oil, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, beeswax, candelilla cera (candelilla) wax, sunflower seed oil, behenyl alcohol, oleic/linoleic/linolenic polyglycerides, C12-18 acid triglyceride, lanolin, hydrogenated vegetable oil, cera carnauba carnauba) wax, moringa oleifera seed oil, raspberry seed oil, sorbitan, tristearate, glyceryl caprylate, aroma, tocopherol, soybean oil, lauroyl lysine, citric acid, linalool. 
May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, iron oxides.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!