Sunday 6 March 2016

Thoughts of the week

1. Chai is five on Wednesday. He's having his first ever birthday party, it won't be until the start of next month though. He's growing into an amazing boy, I'm so proud of him.

2. Last month we bought a pair of shoes from Catch of the Day. They didn't fit so we arranged to swap them and got an email telling us that a new pair of shoes had been sent but that we didn't need to return the shoes, we could either give them away or give them to charity. How amazing is that? We've decided that we'll find a worthy recipient to give them to, if we can't we'll sell them and donate the money to charity. Good on you Catch of the Day!

3. I seem to have lost my desire to shop. It's been four weeks now and I just don't feel like shopping. Clearly I'm gravely ill. Jokes aside, I'm pretty pleased about this. I have way too much so there's no need for me to shop. I use shopping as a stress relief, I've been trying to come up with other coping strategies and they must be working. Yay!

4. One of my strategies has been to start reading again. I've always loved losing myself in a good book, which is exactly what I've been doing lately. Eljay isn't patient enough for me to browse the library so I've been looking up authors I like and reserving their books from the library. I browse the library catalogue when the boys are asleep, reserve the books I want and pick them up a few days later. Simple.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!