Monday 21 March 2016

Lipstick musing


I've been thinking about lipstick lately. Sounds strange, I know. That's what happens when you are a stay at home mum, you think about all sorts of bizarre, random things. I could write a whole post about the crazy things I think about, but I won't.

Anyhow, I was wondering how other people use their lipsticks. I use a different one every day, usually several different ones each day. I'll put one on in the morning before the school run, usually a matte or long lasting formula. I retouch around morning tea time, normally with a cream formula. Lunchtime I'll put on another matte lipstick and then I touch up with a cream formula before the afternoon school run. 

I rarely change the lip products in my handbag, so if I'm out and I need to touch up I'll just put on whatever I have in my bag. Back when I was working I'd use the same lipstick all day, I'd put it on in the morning and take it to work so that I could touch up during the day.

I had a friend who only had one lipstick, she'd use it constantly until it was finished and repurchase the same colour. If that colour had been discontinued she'd go on a hunt for a similar colour. I used to be like that too, I had two lipsticks and two glosses that I'd use until I'd finished them. Those were the days I used to finish my lipsticks and glosses. Sometimes I'd like to go back to those days but I doubt it'll ever happen. 

How do you use lipstick? Do you use the same colour all day or switch it around? How many lipsticks do you own?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!