Friday 18 March 2016

FFS Friday - It's a dogs life

I have no idea what I'm going to complain about this week. WTF is going on? I'm sure I have plenty to complain about, I just need to think what it is. Unfortunately my brain is not playing along this week, it decided to take a holiday without me. I've been doing all sorts of absent minded things. Yesterday I couldn't work out why the EFTPOS machine wasn't letting me enter my PIN, until the chemist pointed out that I hadn't swiped my card. Doh.

Okay, I've got it. I'll complain about the dog. 

When we got our dog it was a struggle between Tiger and I. Tiger won. FFS.

I wanted a small, poodle blend that could live inside, wasn't too big and had wool not fur. Tiger wanted a guard dog. That's how we ended up with Bella. FFS.

She's a beautiful girl but she's too big to live inside, I'm allergic to her and she leaves hair all over the place when she comes inside. FFS.

Thanks to her being a Shar-Pei mix she's inherited the skin issues that come with her breed. FFS.

I had a pure bred Shar-Pei and wasn't allergic to her, so I'm not sure why I'm allergic to Bella, but I am. 

Ever since we got her she's had skin issues on and off. We were taking her to one vet but weren't very happy with him. Her skin would get better for a month or so then get bad again. FFS.

When it gets bad her fur falls off and she gets sores in the bald patches, poor girl. Last time it happened we took her to a different vet and got a totally different treatment regime. FFS.

She got steroids, antibiotics and a special shampoo that we wash her with twice a week. She also has to have weekly injections for six weeks. Once that's all done we have to test her again to make sure the infection is all gone. FFS.

If the first vet had treated her properly we could have saved her a lot of pain. FFS.

After she's better they want to do allergy testing to see what she's allergic to. I can only imagine how much that will cost. Knew we should have got pet insurance. FFS.

Thanks to her skin condition she can't wear a collar (she's got sores all around her neck), so she's confined to the back yard. That is a very bad thing. FFS.

She's a lively dog and needs exercise. No matter how much I play with her it's not enough, she needs to run. FFS.

Wednesday night as I was about to go to bed I heard her chewing on something. I couldn't figure out what it was so went outside to check. I found her standing on the trampoline looking guilty. FFS.

She'd chewed off the label on the outside of the net and gone around chewing the padding off all of the bars. FFS.

When I went out there she was so pleased with herself. She had a huge grin on her face and was jumping around wanting me to play with her. FFS.

As if that wasn't enough, she spent the rest of the evening digging holes in the lawn. FFS.

She has plenty of toys to play with, but clearly destroying the trampoline and the yard is a lot more fun. FFS.

Meanwhile I'm still picking up foam, it's everywhere. FFS.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!