Saturday 23 January 2016

Saturday Skincare: First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads

It was thanks to Caroline Hirons that I first learned about chemical exfoliants. Actually that's not quite correct, I'd heard of them before but assumed they would be too harsh for my sensitive skin. Reading Caroline's blog she said that the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads are suitable for sensitive skin. I was still sceptical but decided to give them a go. 

The first few times I used them I got a slight tingle. I used them daily and was waiting for them to irritate my skin or make it red but they didn't. Nothing at all. No stinging, no irritation, no redness, nothing. Awesome! I used them every day for a few weeks, didn't notice any changes and started to wonder if they were doing anything at all. It wasn't until I forgot to use them one night that I realised they were working. My skin felt rough and bumpy. I realised that it hadn't felt that way since I'd been using the Facial Radiance Pads. They work!



They have a textured side and a smooth side, I use the textured side first and then go back over with the smooth side. As you can see in the photo below the textured side is still quite smooth, it's not enough to provide any extra exfoliation

I now use them as part of my nightly skin care routine. I'm amazed and delighted that I haven't had any irritation or sensitivity from them. There's only one problem and that is they no longer seem to be available in Australia, how annoying.

Ingredients: water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, cucumber fruit water, lactic acid, glycolic acid, sodium hydroxide, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, white tea leaf extract, feverfew extract, licorice root extract, lemon peel extract, mandarin orange fruit extract, hyaluronic acid, indian gooseberry fruit extract, polysorbate 20.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!