Friday 7 August 2015

FFS Friday - Wisdom?

Well this is awkward. It's FFS Friday and I have nothing.

Well I do have things but they are the usual kid related things and I'm sure we are all sick of hearing about them.

Other than that, I have nothing. Hmmm.

Instead of my usual whinge, I'll attempt to impart some of my wisdom (hah!)

Yesterday I went to meet up with some friends. We were talking and the topic of weight came up. Strangely, I have never been around women who worry about their weight. I've only had one friend who was concerned about her weight. Other people tell me their friends are constantly complaining/discussing their weight and their body which I find really sad. 

One thing I've learned over the years is that there are much more important things to worry about. So what if you are carrying a few extra kilos? Does it really matter? If you are healthy and happy, weight is irrelevant. When you are 70 and thinking about your life, what are you going to regret? Are you going to be glad you spent all that time worrying about your weight? Or are you going to wish that you enjoyed your life and didn't care about a few kilos?

So eat that cake, drink the wine and enjoy life. 

1 comment :

  1. The only thing that ever concerned me about my weight was the way my mother referred to it, and the way I had to change how I ate due to my insulin resistant body to ensure I didn't get diabetes and could at least try to have babies. I've never been happier not caring about it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!