Friday 10 July 2015

FFS Friday - Sandwich

I'm pretty sure I've complained before about being in the middle of my brother and sister-in-law's separation issues. FFS.

I strongly believe that you choose drama, that if you have constant drama in your life it's because you allow it. Lately I'm starting to wonder if I'm wrong. FFS.

Having said that, I don't have drama, I'm just the meat in the sandwich between my brother and SIL. FFS.

My brother talks to me about what's going on with the separation because I'm his sister. He doesn't talk to Mum and only talks a little bit to Dad, so as far as I'm aware I'm one of the few people he can/does talk to about it. FFS.

My sister-in-law talks to me about it for the same reasons, I'm one of the few people she can/does talk to about it. FFS.

I've told them both that I don't want to be in the middle, that I'm not impartial and not a good one to talk to, but they both need someone to talk to and I'm it. FFS.

I find it so difficult. FFS.

One will tell me about something that the other person doesn't know about, then the other person will start talking about the same issue and I can't/won't tell them what I know. In keeping the confidence of one I feel like I'm lying to the other one. FFS.

I'm as transparent as I possibly can be, I'll tell them both what I've told the other person and don't discuss something without checking that it's okay, but it's such a difficult situation. FFS.

A few times I've nearly put my foot in it and had to quickly back pedal. FFS.

I did that this week, I mentioned something to my SIL that my brother had been talking to me about for ages and I thought he'd said it to her, but he hadn't. FFS.

Thankfully I managed to cover myself by saying I'd made an assumption. FFS.

If either of them had someone else to talk to I'd refuse to discuss it but neither of them do, so I'm stuck. FFS.

I could refuse to discuss it but then where would that leave them both?
I'm trying to look out for them, make sure they aren't letting emotion cloud the situation and remind them that they need to consider the welfare of their children instead of getting caught up in being angry with one another. FFS.

I do not like it at all. FFS.

I'm sure it will continue for a while but I'll be glad when the main things are sorted so there isn't as much to discuss. FFS.

That's it for me this week. Now it's your turn. Whinge away. Or tell me something funny or awesome or anything you like. 

1 comment :

  1. What a tough situation :( It's hard that you know they dont have other ppl to discuss things with. I hope it gets better soon for all involved. Here's a funny story, Ive been putting together little boxes all day for Ro's new toy 'Supermarket' and they've all been trashed while Ive been making dinner. Ahh three year olds. Lol. I hope you have a nice weekend xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!