Monday 1 June 2015

May lip favourites

I was working on my May favourites post and there were so many lip products that I decided they needed their own post. No idea why I haven't done this before as I love reading posts about lip products, they're always the first ones I click on when I'm scrolling through Bloglovin.

Lip Freak Bubble Trouble lip balm - This is by far the strangest lip balm I've ever used. It makes your lips buzz. For a long time (about half an hour). It truly is the weirdest sensation. I don't really know what the purpose is but as it's so unique I had to mention it. 

Lanolips Banana Balm - An oldie but a goodie. My only gripe with banana balm is that it doesn't have any flavour. I don't understand why companies make products that are fragranced but not flavoured. Banana balm smells like banana lollies, is super hydrating and has a lovely glossy finish. What's not to love?

Milk Coconut Kiss Lip Moisturiser - This is a fairly new release that flew under the radar. I'm not sure if it's available in stores, I haven't seen it anywhere yet. I can see this being my holy grail winter balm. It smells gorgeous, keeps my lips soft and doesn't get really hard in the cold weather. In the warmer weather I find it to be too thin/runny, but for winter it's perfect. 

Crabtree and Evelyn Honey Lip Salve - I'm totally in love with my honey lip salve, I've been using it almost exclusively since I got it. This is like a lip butter in stick form. It has a lovely flavour and is extremely hydrating. Last week my lips were so dry that they felt tight and uncomfortable but one application of Honey Lip Salve and they discomfort was gone. 

Carmex Jasmine Green Tea Moisturising Lip Balm - A new release for May and one that I had trouble finding (I had to ask the chemist to order it for me). It was worth the wait because it smells heavenly. If you like jasmine green tea and Carmex, you need this.

Yard Le Jardin Bloss - It's purple and it smells like chocolate!

Clarins Joli Baume - Mention a lip balm that smells like apricots and adapts to the tint of your lips and I'm there. If it's from Clarins, even better! As I'd expect from Clarins, this is a gorgeous balm. On me the tint is barely noticeable, it's just enough to give my lips a bit of extra colour. The only negative is that the package is cardboard so gets beaten up easily. For the price ($26), a plastic case would have been nicer.

Trilogy Holiday Lip Balm - This was originally released for Christmas and I couldn't find it anywhere, so when I found it at my chemist I jumped on it. It comes in a set with the Trilogy lip balm and a limited edition red tinted Holiday Lip balm. The holiday balm is beautiful, it smells like cinnamon and has a red tint to it. I hope they make it permanent.

Ladybug Jane Wacky Watermelon Lip Gloss - Whenever I place an iHerb order I always sneak in a lip balm or three. I have one of the Ladybug Jane lip balms and couldn't resist trying the lip gloss because it's a rollerball. Rollerball glosses take me back to my childhood and the first lip gloss I owned, a strawberry Maybelline one. I wish they'd bring them back. Anyhow, this is a lovely gloss. It's more like a balm than a gloss as it's hydrating and non sticky. I'll be adding a few more to my collection with my next iHerb order. 
If you haven't ordered from iHerb before you are missing out! Code YUF175 will get you a discount on your first order. 

Bite Beauty Suede BB For Lips - My latest love from Bite Beauty,they truly can do no wrong. BB for Lips is a beautiful tinted lip balm. It's a big call but I'd have to say this is the best tinted balm I've ever used (and I've used a lot!) I need more of these in my life. Suede looks like a deep red but on me it's anatural mlbb shade (I have quite pigmented lips). The colour is sheer but buildable and lasts a few hours before I need to reapply. 

What are your current favourite lip products?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!