Monday 23 February 2015

Rimmel Provocalips

Since I've had children I'm all about long lasting lipsticks. I used to be a gloss girl, but gloss and babies just don't mix, so my beautiful glosses sit there neglected and my lipsticks get all the love these days. I do love a bright lip, but again, that's not something that plays well with babies. Due to that, I've been on the hunt for a great, long lasting lipstick for years now (nearly four to be precise). I've found a few good ones but they've always had a negative, whether they be too drying, wear unevenly, peel off if I put lip balm over the top, smell bad or any other number of reasons. I didn't have high hopes when I tried out my first Provocalips but holy wow, these things are amazing. They're by far the best long lasting lipstick I've ever used. 

Seriously, I can't find fault with them. They have great pigment, they aren't drying, they last until they're removed, smell pleasant and I can use a balm or gloss over the top. The lasting power is truly amazing. I was in a rush one morning and put Skinny Dipping on before racing out the door. When I looked in the mirror a little later I realised it looked awful on me so scrubbed at my lips with my finger. It didn't budge. Not even a little bit. I was stuck with awful looking lips till I got home. Of course it had to be on a day when I was busy and out all day!

Lucky me won all eight shades in a competition, so I can show you swatches of each colour. 

With flash
Skinny Dipping, Make Your Move, Dare to Pink, I'll Call You, Little Minx, Kiss Fatal, Kiss Me You Fool, Play With Fire.
Natural light
I have lip swatches coming soon, so check back if you'd like to see them.

You can get Provocalips for only $17.95 from Priceline, Kmart, Target, Big W and chemists.
Skinny Dipping, Make Your Move, Dare to Pink, I'll Call You, Little Minx, Kiss Fatal, Kiss Me You Fool, Play With Fire.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!