Wednesday 14 January 2015

Top 14 of 2014

Subtle Energies - I've used Subtle Energies products for year and it's true love. This year I got to try a few more products from the range and they were all beautiful, in fact I'd go so far as to say that I'd happily only use Subtle Energies and Audra James for the rest of my life. The Subtle Energies product I loved the most this year is the Facial Blend. If you only try one product from Subtle Energies try this. The smell is heavenly, it's calm in a bottle. I like to put a few drops on my hand, rub my hands together and inhale the scent before applying it to my face. I wish they made this as a perfume, if they did I'd happily use it exclusively. My next purchase from Subtle Energies will be their new eye cream.

Audra James bespoke perfume and balm cleanser - If you haven't tried Audra James products yet, you need to! She makes the most amazing products and everything you buy can be customised to your needs. A few years ago I got a bespoke perfume made and it smelled like a piece of heaven. I managed to make it last until the middle of this year, I saved it for the days when I needed a pick me up. I'd put it on an immediately it'd cheer me up and calm me down. 

Those of you who are a fan of balm cleansers need to try Audra's version. It's so much better than the Eve Lom cleanser that everyone raves about. Not only is it better, it's a hell of a lot cheaper too.

Lush Ro's Argan and Rose Jam - Rose lovers, you need these products in your life, they smell like a little slice of rosey heaven. Rose Jam shower gel is limited edition but it is available regularly so keep your eye out and grab a bottle or two next time it's released. 

Ro's Argan is a very clever little thing. It's a moisturising shower gel. Sounds strange but it works. You rub it all over yourself when you're in the shower, wash it off and when you get out of the shower you have super hydrated, soft skin. Magic. 

The Natural Supply Co -I haven't done a post about it yet but Natural Supply Co is why my Beauty Diet came to a crashing end. It was all their fault. They opened in October with such a beautiful range of products that I was forced to place an order. Three times. And I've just placed another one. Oops. I see many more orders in my future.

Yard Skincare Lip Bloss -What the hell is a Bloss? I can hear you all thinking it. A Bloss is a mix of a balm and a gloss. Brilliant! I currently have two Blosses and am planning on buying more. They come in beautiful little tins and have the most amazing flavours. Both the Blosses I have give a lovely wash of sheer colour, they're light on the lips and lovely to use.

Chapstick Cake Batter Lip Balm -Cake Batter! What else do I need to say! These are limited edition so get on it.

Victoria's Secret lip butter - To my great disappointment I have yet to visit the Victoria's Secret store as it opened a few months after we left Perth. Every now and again Tiger will buy me something from there and so far I've loved everything he's given me. The product I love the most is the Lip Butter. The texture of these is more like a thick lip gloss than a balm, they're a little sticky but due to that they last a few hours and are super hydrating.

Nudus lipstick - Over the years I've tried lots of natural lipsticks and whilst they've been okay I wouldn't repurchase any of them. Until now that is. Nudus lipsticks are perfection. They smell beautiful, are long lasting, hydrating and a pleasure to use. Whilst they aren't cheap, they are worth every cent. I'll be adding a few more to my collection this year. 

The Body Shop Wild Argan range -I've become a little obsessed with The Body Shop this year, they've released some beautiful new products. Out of all the new released the Wild Argan range is my favourite. Firstly, unlike most of the other argan oils I've used, it smells amazing. Secondly, the Lip Oil and Miracle Solid Oil are amazing. Being oil I thought that the lip one would be really light and need constant reapplication but it doesn't. It has a medium texture and doesn't feel greasy. Once on my lips it lasts about an hour which I'm pretty happy with. 

Miracle Solid Oil is the product you should buy if you are only getting one product from the Wild Argan range. I use it as a body moisturiser, hair treatment, hand cream and cuticle treatment. Magic.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and Blush - I'm sure there's nothing I can tell you about either of these that hasn't already been written so I won't bother. What I will say is that I'd happily get rid of all my blushes and only use my Ambient Lighting blush. It's the only blush I've used for the last few months and I'd happily use it exclusively for the rest of my days. Big call.

The Ambient Lighting powder is like photoshop for the face. I don't do shimmer anymore, it doesn't work on my 41 year old skin, it just makes me look old and horrible, so I wasn't sure that the Ambient Lighting powder would work for me but it does. The shimmer is so fine as to be undetectable. I have Luminous Light and I use it all over as I would a face powder. The effect is amazing, it blurs my fine lines and imperfections and makes my skin look amazing. You all need one (or three)!


Innoxa liquid eyeliner - Here's another product I'd happily use for the rest of my life. In fact, it's the only eyeliner I've used for the last three months. It has a felt tip so is super easy to use, it has a lovely opaque colour and it lasts all day. Perfect. You need one. Or two. 

And just because I can't stick to the rules, here's a bonus one.

Handmade and Marina - I discovered this range a few months ago when I was at the local markets. Marina hand makes beautiful skin care. I asked her if she could make a lavender vanilla lotion for me, so she did and it's heaven. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!