Tuesday 6 January 2015

Project Life Detox - Lipsticks

I've already done a quick cull of my lipsticks and lip glosses and got rid of 53 products! Crazy isn't it? That was only a quick cull, I still need to go through again and get rid of more. A few things went into a use it or lose it pile, so I'll test them out over the next few weeks and if I don't love them in the bin they will go.

To help me finish some of the lipsticks that I do like, I've pulled out three and they'll be the only ones I use until they are gone (other than the days I feel like a statement lip). As you can see, my Chantecaille Lip Chic is nearly done, I think it'll only be a few weeks until I've used it up. The two Makeup Forever lipsticks are ancient. I've had them for at least six years. Magically they are still as good as the day I bought them, so I'll keep using them until they are finished.
I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do about repurchasing holy grail products yet. The Chantecaille Lip Chic is one of my all time favourite lipsticks, it's something I never want to be without, so I'd really like to repurchase it straight away. The thing is, I have so many other lipsticks that it seems silly to be buying another one. I think I might wait until I've tossed more products and got my collection down to a useable and manageable size.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!