Saturday 2 August 2014

Dear Eljay

My beautiful baby. Today you are 1. You are such a delightful, precious treasure. I can't think of you without smiling. I remember your birth like it was yesterday. From the second you came out I have wanted to soak up every precious second that I have with you.

More and more your personality is shining through. You are determined, dramatic and very cheeky. You are also relaxed, observant, happy and easy going.

You watch and take everything in. I see you studying people and watching how things are done. You only need to see me do something once then you go and copy me. Clever boy. 

You are a great eater, you love your food and can be rather fussy about what you eat. If I give you something you don't want you take it off me and put it back into the packet, or throw it on the floor. Some days you'll eat whatever I give you, other days I try five or six different things before finding something that you'll eat. You love to feed yourself and  banana's and strawberries are your favourite foods.

I'm very grateful that you are a much better sleeper than your brother, although having said that, the last few weeks you have been very restless. I think it's because you are starting to walk more. You're so delighted that you can walk, whenever you walk you scream with delight, making sure that we are watching how clever you are. 

This time last year my waters had just broken and your Daddy was running from the bedroom to the kitchen in a panic.

My precious boy, I am eternally thankful to have you in my life. I can't imagine my life without you. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!