Wednesday 30 July 2014

Thoughts of the month

1. I really don't know how Natalie and Jessica manage to post their thoughts every week, I just don't have that many thoughts. Actually that's not true, I have plenty of thoughts but they aren't ones that people would want to read about.

2. Mayver's Dark Chocolate Super Spread is amazing. 

3. It really irks me that everyone seems to think fifo workers are rich. It's not true. Sure, they are usually on a great wage, but consider this. When they don't work, they don't get paid. All the time off they have is unpaid. For those people who do the awful 4 and 1 swings, they're on great money because they only have 1 week off. People like Tiger who have an equal time swing, it's not so great money. Working away Tiger gets the equivalent to what he would get if he was working a 40 hour week locally. Considering that when he works locally he doesa minimum of 56 hours a week and usually 68 hours if not more, it's really not a high wage. 

4. Woolworths have excellent customer service. I've dealt with them by email and over the phone this month and on both occasions they were excellent. It'd be great if more companies were like that. 

5. WTF is wrong with people? That football player who got sacked cause he wee'd in his mouth. Really? WTF would you want to taste urine? And what's even worse is that it's obviously a thing because it has a name, bubbling. Seriously? What on earth is wrong with people?

6. And speaking of WTF is wrong with people, how about that woman who went on a rant on the train in Sydney and racially abused the people who offered her a seat? You abuse people for being nice to you? Really? That's disgusting. 

7. I've started playing Clash of Clans, it's so much fun. 

8. I just bought this puffer jacket. 

9. I also got some lovely jeans from Jeanswest but I have an issue with them. They are size 6. I am not a size 6, nor do I wish to be. I am a size 10. Talk about taking vanity sizing to the extreme, it's ridiculous. I know that the size is stupid but seeing it messes with my head. I've been a size 6 before, it's not pretty. Size 6 means illness and crohn's, so seeing that number on my jeans displeases me greatly. Think I'll remove the tag so I don't have to look at it.  

10. So Ian Thorpe has come out. Not a surprise. It really, really pisses me off though. Not because he's gay, but because he had to come out. Call me crazy but I've never understood coming out. People don't come out as heterosexual so why should homosexual people come out? It's no-one else's business what sexual orientation someone is. I hope that one day a persons sexuality is their own business and there is no such thing as coming out. 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!