Friday 2 May 2014

FFS Friday - Drama Queen

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you've all survived the week, the first full week back at work after a few long weekends is always tough.

It's quite possible that this will be my final post, I fear I may be slowly bleeding to death. Dramatic much?

Yesterday, I cut my finger. Badly. FFS. 

I'm pretty sure I cut it to the bone. FFS.

I'm always so careful when I'm cutting things and of course the one time I wasn't careful, I nearly killed myself. FFS.

That was a total exaggeration. 

I was making myself a very late lunch and feeding Eljay his dinner when Chai decided he wanted some food too. Eljay ran out of food so he started screaming for more food and Chai came racing over trying to get food. I was using the knife to peel a piece of cucumber, slipped and sliced my little finger open. FFS.

I had Chai standing next to me trying to grab the knife to cut himself some cucumber, Eljay screaming for more food and blood gushing out of my finger. FFS.

I gabbed a handful of napkins that were on the bench and wrapped them around my finger, got Chai his cucumber, gave Eljay more food and he kept on screaming. FFS.

Great. I needed to sort my finger out and Eljay wouldn't stop screaming. FFS.

Thankfully when I took him out of the highchair he stopped crying, so I was able to wash my finger and get a cloth to put on it. Then it wouldn't stop bleeding. FFS.

Two hours later it was still bleeding. FFS.

Four hours later it was still bleeding. FFS.

I wrapped two bandaids really tightly around it and hoped for the best. FFS.

I suspect that it might have needed stitches, but I'm a tough mutha so I didn't bother. 

(Truth be told, I didn't have anyone who could come with me and I couldn't drive, but tough mutha sounds so much better so we'll just pretend that's the real reason)

The real tragedy in the whole situation is that I burnt the haloumi. FFS.

There are few things worse than burnt haloumi. FFS.

This swing has been a huge struggle. Chai is missing Tiger more and more every time he goes away. It's heartbreaking seeing him so upset. FFS.

He's been so clingy the last few weeks, he won't let me out of his sight and has to be touching me at all times. It's driving me crazy. FFS.

I trip over him at least 10 times a day because he follows so closely behind me. FFS.


We've had a lot of discussions about how we miss Daddy and Daddy misses us, we talk to Tiger twice a day and count down the days till Daddy will be home. Chai knows that Daddy is coming home, he tells me that, but he's really struggling at the moment. FFS.

The worst thing is I don't know how to make it better. FFS.


The part that I'm really sick of is when I go to the toilet. He stands there next to the toilet with his head on my shoulder. I am not joking. FFS.

As frustrating as it is, it's also rather funny. Especially when I'm doing a poo. He has a weak stomach and can't stand the the mention of poo let alone the smell, so lucky my poo smells like roses. Hahaha, joking!

Anyhow, when he smells my poo he starts dry retching, but he still won't leave my sight. Bahahaha and FFS at the same time.  

Motherhood! I wouldn't change it for the world. 

If you've had any FFS worthy moments, please tell me all about them in the comments. 
To read more whinges, head over to Sarah and Brad's blog.
Have a wonderful weekend! 

 
Dear Baby G

3 comments :

  1. FFS Fridays for the win. Almost like TGI Fridays but kind of not.
    My FFS is mainly in law related so I will just leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is the same so clingy but he waits for me outside the toilet lol well for now only he is 19 months old
    Hope your finger is ok
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!