Sunday 9 March 2014

Dear Chai

My precious baby, you are three! How did that happen? It seems like yesterday I found out that I was pregnant and now you are three. I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. I was so worried that something would go wrong and so delighted when you were born and everything was okay. It took months to believe that you were actually here and that it wasn't all a dream, I kept on thinking I'd wake up and you wouldn't be there. I'm so very, very glad that you are here.

You are growing into a beautiful little boy. You have a strong character and are an absolute delight. I'm glad that you are a very happy, active little boy. You love people and are friendly and polite to everyone you meet.  You don't sit still for a minute, from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep you are on the go. If I had your energy I'd be superwoman! You are a very curious little character, you want to check everything out and know what's going on.


It's gorgeous to hear you copy the things that we say, I'm glad we don't swear! You don't miss a trick, we only have to do or say something once and you remember it, months later you'll come out with it. 

You are an independent little character, you love to help and do things yourself. You are always by my side helping with the dishes, the vacuuming or chopping up food for dinner. Vacuuming, washing the dishes and chopping things up are some of your favourite things to do, I wonder how long that will last! 

Becoming a big brother has been a huge change for you but you've handled it really well. Eljay adores you and you think he's great too. Most of the time you are gentle with him, although sometimes you get a little rough.

Your strong will can be challenging at times, when you decide you want to do something there is no changing your mind and you can't be distracted either! I can see we'll have fun with that in the future, but at the same time I'm glad that you have a strong will.

You are very tall for your age, most people think that you are four and are very surprised when we tell them that you are two. You've had another growth spurt recently so people will probably start thinking you are five. I think you will be a very tall man, which is a good thing.

My beautiful boy, I am so glad that you chose me as your mother and I am grateful every day that I have you in my life. I love you with all my heart and soul. You are the sunshine in my day.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!