Monday 17 February 2014

Soap and Glory Body Scrubs

A few months ago I ordered four (yes, four!) Soap and Glory body scrubs from Kit Cosmetics. Now that I've used them all it's time to review them.

Flake Away - This has the usual gorgeous Soap and Glory scent. It contains shea butter, sugar and peach seed. I am a big lover of sugar scrubs and this one is no exception. It works really well, is very exfoliating without being harsh and it's one I'll definitely purchase again. As with the rest of the Soap and Glory products, it's very reasonably priced. You can get a small tub for $5.95 or a large tub for $16.95. I very cleverly managed to delete the photos that I'd taken of this, but if you imagine a thick sugar scrub you'll get the general idea.


Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em - This is different to my usual preferred salt and sugar scrubs, but to my surprise I really like it. When I look at it for some reason it reminds me of breakfast. It doesn't have the usual Soap and Glory scent, it's scented with Mist You Madly's bergamot, blackcurrant, magnolia, freesia, vanilla and musk. The scent is okay but I prefer the traditional scent. 
Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em contains babassu oil, sea salt with jojoba and mandarin oils. There are also little pink scrubby bits. It isn't as dense as a traditional salt/sugar scrub but it's just as effective. 
A large 300ml tub costs $16.95.






The Breakfast Scrub - First off, this smells amazing! It has a maple scent which I didn't think much of when I read the description, but then I smelled it. Imagine maple syrup and that's exactly what it smells like. This is a regular salt/sugar scrub, it works really well and smells great. Nothing else to say really. There is no price showing on Kit Cosmetics at the moment but I think it was $17.95



Sugar Crush - This is my least favourite out of all the scrubs. Despite being a sugar scrub I don't find it to be as scrubby as I'd like it to be. The sugar crystals dissolve really quickly before I'm able to give my wobbly bits a thorough scrubbing. It has a lovely citrus fragrance which is great for a morning pick me up. A 300ml pot costs $17.95.

1 comment :

  1. I am really wanting to try the breakfast scrub, my little sister swears by it and I love the smell! After reading this I think it's Definetly time for me to have a good old spend up at soap and glory thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!