Thursday 31 October 2013

Thoughts of the Month

1. I downloaded My Fitness Pal this month to help me lose my baby weight. What a brilliant app! I'm finding it so useful. I didn't realise how much sugar was in some of the foods that I was eating. It's also helping me drink more water. I've been really lazy with my water drinking recently, which isn't good, especially considering I'm breastfeeding. No wonder my skin has been dry!

2. This month I've made an effort to make new friends and connect more with the friends that I have. I must say it's been really nice. I hadn't realised how much I've missed having friends and company.

3.Why are the most beautiful souls often the most damaged? I caught up with a friend of mine recently, we've been friends for about 17 years now and she's a beautiful, beautiful lady. She's one of the nicest people I know and yet she has suffered so much. 

4. There are times when I really miss the convenience of living in the city and having everything I want right there. Even though this is a city too, there just isn't the variety. We particularly miss having a good health shop. Does anyone know a good Australian online health shop? I use iHerb, but it doesn't stock all the products that we usually get. 

5. I got some great books for Chai at Big W recently. They are the When I'm Feeling series by Trace Moroney. Chai really loves them and I love that it gives us an opportunity to talk about his feelings in an informal way, so instead of him having to try and express how he's feeling we talk about how the bunny in the book is feeling.  

6. Last weekend we went to the Brunswick Show. I haven't been to a show for years, I'd forgotten how much fun they are.

7. Whilst we were at the show we got a BioFlow bracelet. I'm sure they are a load of crap, however Tiger says a lot of the guys at his work swear by them. I think it's the placebo effect! The guy at the show said if they don't work for us he'll give us half our money back, so I figure it's worth a try. Have any of you tried one? Do they work?

8. I really wanted to come up with ten thoughts, but I've got nothing else so we'll just have to stop at eight. 

9. Or I could just waffle on for two points. 

10. Yes, that's what I'll do. Yay! I made it to ten thoughts, go me!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!