Wednesday 30 October 2013

October Empties

It's the end of another month already! The months just whiz past don't they? I'm a little early with my empties post as my empties drawer was getting full and I couldn't fit anything else in there. Here's hoping November will be another big month for empties!
Palmolive Decadent Moisture Body Butter shower gel - This was nice but nothing amazing so I probably won't repurchase it.

Milk Face Cleanser - Love this! I have a full review coming up, but suffice to say it's a great cleanser that I'll be purchasing again. 

Sanctuary Spa Body Scrub - This came in the Priceline skin care bag a few months ago. I'm glad I didn't pay for it because I didn't particularly like it. It smelled nice but it's one of those scrubs with loofah in them and I just don't find them scrubby enough.
Gaia Bath and Body Wash - This is the only body wash that I use on Chai now. His skin can be a little sensitive and this one doesn't irritate his skin and doesn't dry it out. 

Audra James Eczema Oil - My miracle product, actually it's Chai's miracle product. Whilst Chai doesn't have eczema he does get dry, irritated skin. When his skin is like that moisturisers just don't work. My favourite way to use this is to put it in his bath. I find it more effective (and less messy) than putting the oil directly onto his skin. I just put a little bit in his bath and when he gets out his skin is nice and soft, then I layer a moisturiser over the top (the MooGoo eczema moisturiser). I only need to do this for a few days and his skin is back to normal. 

Crabtree and Evelyn Tarocco Orange Deep Cleansing Body Scrub - This was a real disappointment. It smelled nice but as far as scrubs go it was totally ineffective, there just weren't enough scrubby bits. I definitely won't be buying this again. 
Dove Go Fresh Deodorant - This is one of my fall back deodorants when my pits are upset. I've been upsetting them a bit lately on my quest to find a natural deodorant that works. I usually prefer the cream Dove stick, but when I can't find that this does the trick. 

Palmolive Ayurituel Energy shower gel - I really liked the scent of this and will probably buy a full size one next time I see it on sale. I can't say it did anything for my energy levels, but it smells great and that's enough for me.

The Body Shop Vanilla perfume oil - I've been hoarding this for years because Vanilla was discontinued, but now that they've bought it back I used what was left of this. Vanilla is one of my favourite scents and the TBS version is fresh and lovely.
Prevage Day Cream - There is a lot of hype surrounding the Prevage range but I just don't see why. Perhaps because I've never used a full sized product so they haven't had long enough to work. Having said that, this is a lovely, rich moisturiser that my parched skin loved. I wouldn't be willing to pay $170 for it though.

The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter - If you like floral scents then this is the body butter for you. It's such a beautiful scent, I'm planning to get the body spray and perfume as well.

Decleor Essential Balm -I lfound that this is more like an ointment than a balm, it's very thick so only suitable to use at night time. Even the tiniest bit went a long way and felt quite heavy on my skin, however it was perfect for winter use and I woke up with lovely soft, hydrated skin.

Ophelia's Apothecary Toasted Marshmallow lip balm -This is one of my last Ophelia's Apothecary balms, I'm going to be so sad when I use them all up as they are lovely but I just can't justify the huge shipping cost to buy more. I have a full review coming up soon.
L'oreal EverPure Moisture Leave-In Conditioner -To my surprised I really like this. Because I have fine hair I usually find that non spray leave in conditioners are too heavy for my skin, however this one wasn't, even when I accidentally applied too much. It didn't weigh down my hair at all, it just kept it hydrated and healthy.

L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss - This came with a hair colour but there was way too much so I got two uses out of it. I love the way it made my hair feel, really soft and it looked so shiny.
Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes - Despite all the hype I hate the original Great Lash mascara, it does nothing for me at all and I have no idea why it's so popular. The Lots of Lashes version is another story all together, it's great! It plumps up my lashes and gives them lots of volume. I'll definitely be buying this one again. 

The Napoleon Lashes to Lashes and Benefit They're Real are both tosses, I didn't like them at all. I got Lashes to Lashes free with In Style, used it twice, hated it so tossed it. I've yet to meet a Napoleon mascara that I like. 

They're Real is a product I had high expectations for but it just didn't do anything for me. I used it for about a month to be sure I'd given it a good go, but it just didn't work for me. It didn't give me any volume and made my lashes really hard and brittle.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!