Wednesday 4 September 2013

August Favourites

My favourites for this month are a little different than normal thanks to having a newborn. I've included some of the products that have got me through the first few tiring weeks. 

Botani Olive Skin Serum - My skin has been so dry and rough during this pregnancy and it hasn't improved since bub arrived, if anything it's gotten worse. I had a lot of dry, flaky patches so in desperation I dug out my Olive Skin Serum. The first night I put six drops all over my face and woke up with skin that looked and felt a lot better. After three days use my dry spots are all gone and my skin is feeling soft and comfortable again.

Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner - I've wanted something from the Aerin line for ages so when it showed up on strawberrynet I didn't hesitate. Naturally I chose the Lip Treatment, and I purchased it without reading any reviews. I'm glad I didn't read the reviews because the ones I read were all negative and I happen to love this lip treatment. It's thick, hydrating and smells like roses, what more could I ask for?

Palmolive Lime and Mint Foaming Hand Wash -  I'm a sucker for foaming hand washes purely for the novelty value of them. This one is a favourite because it smells so good, isn't drying and leaves my hands softly scented.

Bach Rescue Remedy Pastilles - These are great for stressful times, so I've been going through them like crazy lately.

Ophelia's Apothecary Lip Balm - I'm getting a little obsessed with this lip balm, it's the only thing that's been keeping my dry lips comfortable.

Earth Mama Angel Baby Happy Mama Spray - This was an iHerb purchase that I've been using like mad lately. It's an all round spray that is supposed to help with morning sickness, the baby blues and for calming down tough toddler moments. I didn't find it all helpful for morning sickness but it does seem to help when I'm feeling stressed and hormonal.

First Years Nursing Pads - Nursing pads are a necessity for me when I'm breastfeeding. These ones are my favourite because they are infused with lanolin so help to keep my nipples soft. Brilliant idea!

Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream -This is one of those cult products that is supposed to do everything. It used to be available at Mecca Cosmetica for a crazy price, however I bought mine for around $15 from Target, threw it in a drawer and forgot about it. I pulled it out again when I was looking for an all round balm to leave on my bedside table. It contains camphor so has a rather strong smell and for that reason I don't particularly like to use it on my lips, however having said that it does work as a lip balm, hand cream and all round moisturiser.

Travel Mugs - The one thing I say to all new mums is "buy some travel mugs". When you are constantly holding a baby the last thing you want is to drop a hot drink on it. My solution is to have all my drinks in a travel mug, that way I'm not constantly drinking cold tea.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!