Wednesday 21 August 2013

Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate

When this was first released a few years ago I received a heap of samples so tried it out for six weeks and was not impressed. It did absolutely nothing for my skin. As you can imagine, when I was sent the new formula to review for Beauty Heaven I was not expecting anything.

According to Lancome this will give smoother and more radiant skin within seven days. They claim that it reactivates the ten key signs of youth (fine lines, wrinkles, radiance, clarity, even skin tone, texture, resiliency, elasticity, firmness and sagginess). 
It has a self loading dropper which I really like, it meant I didn't have to pour the product out of the bottle and risk getting too much out. I'm not sure if my bottle was faulty though, because my dropper only filled up halfway. Half a dropper gave me enough serum to cover my whole face and I used another half on my neck and decolletage. 

I've now finished my bottle so feel like it's a good time to do a review. After seven days of twice daily use I noticed no difference in my skin at all. My fine lines were the same, my dark spots were unchanged and there were no other changes to my skin. I kept on using the serum not expecting anything, however after four weeks I noticed that my pores were looking smaller and my skin looked smoother. This surprised me as I don't believe that it's possible to shrink pores, however they definitely look smaller. 

After using the whole bottle, those are the only changes I've noticed in my skin tone. My fine lines, dark spots, elasticity and radiance are all unchanged. Having said that, I was pleased with the changes I did notice as it's the only product I've found that makes more pores look smaller, so for that reason alone I will consider purchasing this.

Advanced Genifique costs $55 for a 20ml bottle, $88 for a 30ml bottle, $125 for a 50ml bottle and $170 for a 75ml bottle.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!