Wednesday 24 July 2013

Winter Skin Saviours

I love winter but my skin doesn't, it gets so dry and uncomfortable. Added to that, when it's cold I get lazy with my skin care routine as I want to get dressed as soon as I get out of the shower. Thankfully the house we are in at the moment has those heated lights in the bathroom so I can keep warm whilst looking after my skin. 

There are a few products that I turn to every winter and I thought I'd share them with you all. These are all tried and tested products that I've been using for years now.

Lanolips Rose Hand Cream - Aside from the lovely rose scent, this is the most hydrating hand cream I've ever used. It's ideal for dry winter hands. I apply a thick layer at night, put on cotton gloves and wake up with lovely soft hands. Another way I like to use it is to apply a thick layer before doing the dishes. I put cotton gloves over the top then rubber gloves and by the time I've finished doing the dishes the cream has absorbed and my hands are feeling wonderful.

Body Oil layered underneath moisturiser - When my skin is really dry I'll use a body oil in the shower and then layer moisturiser over the top when I get out of the shower. I only need to do this a couple of times to transform my skin from super dry to super soft.

Body Butter - Body butters are perfect in the cold weather. My favourite are The Body Shop body butters but there are plenty of other great body butters available. If you want something a little indulgent In Essence and MOR make beautiful body butters.

Carmex - Anyone who reads my blog regularly knows that I can't survive without lip balm. The one balm that I've been using the longest is Carmex. It's an amazing product and one I recommend to everyone. It heals dry, chapped lips almost instantly and is a little pot of magic.

Clarins HydraQuench Day Cream - I have no idea why I haven't written about this before because it's one of my all time favourite moisturisers. I use the oily skin version in summer and the dry skin version in winter. On initial application HydraQuench feels very rich and hydrating, however within a few minutes it has sunk in and my skin feels comfortable but not at all oily. When I use this I have soft, smooth, hydrated skin, even after being in air conditioning all day.

Facial Oil - Facial oils are perfect in winter. I use them like a serum, layered under moisturiser. There are plenty of great ones out there but for something reasonably priced and easy to get hold of you can't go past rosehip or jojoba oil.

Weleda Skin Food - If you only want to buy one moisturiser for winter, this is the one. It is very hydrating and can be used all over the body including the face. I always have a tube of this on hand and use it on dry patches, elbows, hands, face and even my hair. You can't go wrong with this!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!