Friday 31 May 2013

FFS Friday - Double bubble

Hello Friday! And hello long weekend! Not that it really makes any difference to me, but it means that Tiger will be getting double time and 1/2, woo hoo. Personally I'd prefer to have him home, but the $$ is a good second best. I don't really have very much to complain about this week, it's been a good week cause Mum has been here for most of the week. But of course I managed to come up with a few things to whinge about. 

Chai loves getting out of the house and regularly asks me to take him out. Monday I decided I'd take him to Rhyme Time at the library. I asked him if he wanted to go and he said he wanted to stay at home. FFS.

I convinced him it'd be fun and off we went. When I eventually found the library (it's the in same building as a community college, who would have thought) we went in and he was perfectly happy. Not FFS.

Five minutes before Rhyme Time started he insisted on going home. FFS.

That afternoon my Mum came to stay for a few days. Not FFS.

She said she'd be arriving in the afternoon and she'd let me know when she was on her way. Not FFS.

I got a message from her at 2.30pm saying she was on the way. That was going to work out perfectly as she lives and hour away and by the time she arrived Chai would have woken up from his nap. Because of this (and because I stupidly assumed that she'd have the common sense not to) I didn't bother texting to tell her not to ring the doorbell when she arrived. FFS.

She arrived at 3pm, rang the doorbell and woke Chai up. FFS.

I couldn't get him back to sleep. FFS.

A friend of Mum's is living in a house that is being sold by the same dodgy estate agency that is selling our house. FFS.

Mum's been telling me the things they have been doing to this poor woman. FFS.

We are in for some fun times. FFS.

They are so, so unethical. A few things they've done to this poor woman are: sedating her dog to allow them to show people through the house when she hasn't been home (without her authorisation), giving her less than an hours notice before coming through and coming through the house without her permission when she isn't home. FFS.

If they think they can get away with doing that to us they are going to get a very, very rude shock.

I've been having all sorts of problems with Chai sleeping lately. My usually easy to get to sleep boy has turned into a child who won't sleep and who takes at least 45 minutes to get to sleep. It hasn't been fun. FFS.

Tuesday he fell asleep in the car, I bought him inside and got him back to sleep. I then went out to lock the car. Mum was with me and didn't bother to tell me that she hadn't shut the boot properly until after I'd pressed the button to lock the car. FFS.

This meant that the car horn sounded five times, waking Chai up. He wouldn't go back to sleep. FFS.

So in the first two days that Mum was here she'd been responsible for waking Chai up both days. FFS.

I seriously contemplated asking her to go home. FFS.

But I didn't cause life with her around is a lot easier than when she's not around. FFS.

I hid all my books and magazines so that she couldn't take read them in the toilet and then contaminate them with toilet germs. Clever. Not FFS.

Thursday I had my obstetrician appointment. I made it for 9.40am as Chai and I are always up at 6.30am. Of course he slept in until 7.49am that morning. FFS. 

If it had just been the two of us this wouldn't have been a problem as I can be showered, dressed and ready to leave the house within 15 minutes, however Mum was with us and she takes forever to get ready. FFS.

By some miracle we managed to get to the Dr's on time. Not FFS.

For the first time ever, he was running late. FFS.

I was hoping I could have a quiet Drs visit whilst Mum looked after Chai however Chai was having none of that. So I had my Drs visit with Mum and Chai in the room. FFS.

It's been getting quite cold here lately, yesterday it was 12 degrees, so I headed to the shops and bought three beanies for Chai. He won't wear them. FFS.

That's all my whinges for this week. To read more whinges, head over to Sarah's blog.


I hope you all have a great long weekend! 
Dear Baby G

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!