Wednesday 23 January 2013

Brands you don't hear much about: Kjaer Weis

I thought I'd start writing about some of the products and brands that you don't hear much about. I'm starting off with a brand that I've never seen featured on a blog before Kjaer Weis. In Australia Kjaer Weis is available at Mecca Cosmetica. When I first looked at it I thought the products were ridiculously expensive, $62 for a lip tint and $68 for a cream blush is excessive, but then I realised that the products are refillable and the refills cost $28 and $30 respectively, which is very reasonable. 
The Kjaer Weis line has three different products, lip tint, eye shadow and cream blush. I have a cream blush in Sun Touched and a lip tint in Passionate.
As you can see from the photos, the packaging is beautiful, even the box that they come in is gorgeous. I don't usually carry these around with me though because they are quite heavy and I don't want to scratch the pretty case.



In these photo's (at least on my monitor) the blush looks slightly coral tinted, however it's not, it's a dusty pink. Out of all the cream blushes that I own this is one of my favourites. It has a sheer, buildable colour that gives a very natural colour to my pale skin. Unlike a lot of cream blushes, this lasts all day without me needing to touch it up.

In my opinion the name Lip Tint is deceiving. I expect a lip tint to stain my lips and be long lasting. This does neither of those things, I would call it a tinted lip balm. I get at most, a few hours wear before I need to reapply, which definitely puts it in the lip balm category.
Despite that, this is a gorgeous balm that I'll happily repurchase. It gives a beautiful soft wash of sheer colour and is very hydrating. I like to use this over lip stains as it helps to brighten up the colour and keep my lips from getting dry. 
The colour is a gorgeous soft pink that looks very natural. It has no fragrance or flavour. I can't imagine using this up very quickly as it is a large 2.4 grams.

I purchased these products myself.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!