Friday 9 March 2012

Dear Chai

Today you are one year old. It was at exactly this time twelve months ago that you came into the world. This past year has been the best year of my life. You have changed my life in every way possible and I've loved every second of it.

You are an amazing little boy. You have a beautiful soul, you are happy, cheerful, determined and strong willed.  

It's fascinating to watch you learn, you are so determined. We were at the library and you climbed up a step. When you were coming down you face planted. I expected you to cry but you didn't, you turned around and went up and down the step for 5 minutes until you could get down without face planting. 

I was watching you play with your new rings. The look of determination on your face when you were trying to put the ring on the stand was so cute. You kept on trying until you could do it and you wouldn't let me help you. 

You've started to make different sounds like baba and mama. The first time you said baba was on Monday the 20th of February. You'll say baba when we ask you to talk and are very proud of yourself. You are very vocal now. You point at things you want and say 'eh'. You can also roar like a lion which is very cute.


To our great delight you copy us. You clean your hands like I do after I've changed your nappy, you stretch like Daddy does and you'll do these things if we ask you to.

You took your first two steps on Saturday the 11th of February. The most steps you've taken at once is twelve, you took them at playgroup because we were all cheering you on. You are trying to walk more and more and love that we cheer and clap when you walk.

This month you were sick. You had an upset belly for a week and then you got a cold. Even though you were sick you were still cheerful. You're such a happy little boy, you hardly ever cry and even if you are tired or grumpy you still smile. 

Every day you look bigger. You are no longer my baby, you look like a little boy now and I'm starting to get glimpses of the man you will grow into.


Your favourite toys are your stacking cups, your drums (old saucepans), your rings, your football and your cars.


Your favourite books are the green tractor, the yellow car, the red fire engine, the blue train, on the bus, I see me, tweety and your animal books.


You are sleeping quite well now. You wake up between 11.30pm and 12.30am for a feed and at 3.30am for a feed.

I still can't believe that I have been blessed with you, it all seems like an amazing dream. You are the sunshine in my day and the light in my life and I am so blessed to have been granted the opportunity to have you in my life.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!