Monday 13 February 2012

Palmer's Cocoa Body Scrub

I've been searching for this scrub for months now but haven't been able to find it anywhere. I finally managed to find it at my local chemist and I picked up a pack with the body scrub and body butter on sale for only $10.95, which was a total bargain as they are usually $10.99 each. 


For me this scrub is all about the scent. It has the gorgeous chocolate scent that I associate with Palmer's products. If it wasn't for the scent this would be a regular scrub but the scent makes it a pleasure to use. For a non sugar/salt scrub this works pretty well, however I still prefer my sugar scrubs as I find them more effective.

Would I buy this again? Probably not. There's nothing wrong with it, I just prefer to use sugar or salt scrubs.

Ingredients: water, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, soybean oil, poloxamer 407, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, cocoa extract, polysorbate 80, glycerin, walnut shell powder, stearyl alcohol, fragrance, cocoa seed butter, shea butter, tetrasodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, tocopheryl acetate, dmdm hydantoin, silica, cocoa seed powder, methylparaben, propylparaben, pvp.

5 comments :

  1. Dear GQ, long time no "see"! Hope you're all doing well, I'm sure Chael is making your life beautifully full! I'm like you, I love my sugar scrubs (one of my faves was the Body Shop's Raspberry one, though I think it was LE...it was just like jam!!)....but Palmer's Cocoa Butter is so delicious that I'd probably buy this just for the smell and keep sniffing the tub!! Big hug, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna! Hi! I am doing well thanks, hope you are too.
      Raspberry scrub sounds lovely, I don't remember seeing that one before.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I loooooooove palmers stuff so much, especially the cocoa butter moisturizer, but I have to agree with you about sugar scrubs. They work much better!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Body Shop have a chocolate body scrub now, it's so good!

      Delete
  3. I just didn't love this one, I found it had a bit of an odd smell. Usually Palmer's stuff is so good though!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!