Friday 3 February 2012

FFS Friday

Bub is currently obsessed with Sophie the Giraffe. She's rarely out of his hand. It's funny listening to him crawl around the house with her in his hand because all you can hear is her squeaking. What's not so funny is that he refuses to let her go when I'm trying to put him to sleep. She squeaks whenever she's squeezed, which means he constantly wakes himself up. FFS.

When I try to take her out of his hand he chucks a wobbly, complete with loud screams, arched back etc. FFS.


He now sleeps with Sophie in his hand. FFS.

Bub has been really clingy the last few weeks. Whilst I love cuddling him, it's impossible to get anything done. FFS.

This is from a few weeks ago, in my sleep haze I forgot to mention it. If you haven't already figured it out, I'm pretty talented. But this one goes above and beyond. 
I was getting back into bed in the wee hours of the morning after feeding bub. I sat on the edge of the bed and whilst attempting to lay down I nearly face planted onto the floor. Goodness knows how I managed it. Considering the bed was behind me so I had to lay backwards, I have no idea what I was doing leaning forwards. The fright totally woke me up and I couldn't get to sleep for ages. FFS.


Saturday night bub decided that he would only feed from the right side, so there I was at 12am expressing from the left side to relieve the pain. FFS.

Naturally I then started to worry that maybe there was something wrong, did he have a sore neck? Was he sick? Had he hurt his back or his jaw? FFS.


The next morning he was back to normal feeding from both sides. FFS.


After a two week reprieve, bub is teething again. FFS.


I'm wondering if I'll ever sleep again. He's back to waking up every two hours. FFS.

If I hear hubby say "I wake up every time you wake up" one more time, I'm going to break something. FFS.


Tuesday night I was giving bub his bedtime feed and he wouldn't let go of the shampoo bottle. He finished on one side so I switched him over to the other side. Whilst I was switching him over he stuck the shampoo bottle in his mouth and then refused to take it out of his mouth to feed. FFS.


A few months ago we had the pest control around to treat our house for cockroaches and ants. It was a total waste of money because just days later the cockroaches and ants were back. FFS.


They are coming around again today to do another treatment, which means that I have to be out of the house for at least three hours, right in the middle of bub's nap time. FFS.


In the last few weeks I've lost 3kg's. Normally this would be a good thing, but considering I haven't changed my diet or done any exercise there is no reason why I should be losing weight. I'm worried it's my crohn's rumbling back to life. Off to the Dr I go. FFS.


I started having green smoothies for breakfast. I loved them because they were a quick, easy breakfast that kept me satisfied until lunchtime and bub loved them too. Unfortunately my stomach doesn't love them as much as I do, so no more green smoothies for me. FFS.


Not sure if I mentioned before that bub's been frowning all the time? We figured out why. Hubby frowns at him when he's telling him no. FFS.


I still haven't been back to the gym. FFS.


Yesterday bub came up with some mysterious red marks on his face and I was quite worried about them. They turned out to be my tinted lip balm. FFS.

Brother in law has moved to Queensland. He's left his surfboard here for us to sell. Without checking with me he used my phone number when he advertised it in the quokka. I know as much about surfboards as I do about growing rice on the moon, so I don't know what I'm going to tell anyone who rings. I can't even tell them what colour the surfboard is. FFS.





Dear Baby G

6 comments :

  1. My daughter was the same with Sophie. I ended up buying a second one and cutting the squeaker out and gave that one to her at naptime. Money well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once got very worried at an alarming rash that suddenly appeared both sides of my baby daughters face... turns out it was lipstick from being kissed by three different little old ladies at the shops.

    I have done it to her too, so often now, that she actually DID have a mozzie bite on her temple that I tried to rub off thinking it was a lipstick mark.. d'oh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, poor bubs. What is it with random old ladies wanting to touch bub? I really don't like it when strangers try to touch my child.

      I've done the same thing to C, thought he was wearing my lipstick when he really had a red mark from bumping his head.

      Delete
  3. I think you are the most patient, understanding person in the world! You are doing an amazing job. How on earth do you survive on such little sleep??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Sarah, that's so kind to say that.
      I have no idea how I survive, I just do, have no choice really.

      Delete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!