Wednesday 14 September 2011

Brand loyalty

I was thinking recently about how long I've been using Australis products. I worked out that it's been over 20 years.

I'd always thought that I wasn't loyal to any brands, but when I think about it I am. I've been using Australis, Carmex, Blistex, Bonne Bell and Clinique products for over twenty years. That's a bloody long time.

Australis used to make amazing lip balms, I so wish they'd bring them back. They had a chocolate, marshmallow and lime flavour. The marshmallow is the best marshmallow balm I've ever used. Since they stopped making it I've searched and searched for another marshmallow flavoured balm but nothing is as good as the Australis one was.  

Some of the products I've been loyal to are:
Carmex lip balm - the best lip balm for healing sore, cracked lips. It heals my lips within a day or two.


Bonne Bell Lip Lites in Mocha Mousse - my all time favourite lip gloss. It's the perfect mlbb colour and tastes amazing.


Clinique Super City Block - my favourite, non irritating, non greasy facial sunscreen.

Clinique Air Kiss lip gloss - one of my favourite clear glosses.


Blistex - their pot lip balm is nearly as good as Carmex.


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - this is really an ointment. It's great for healing dry skin and I always have a tube of it floating around.


Rexona Sport Deodorant - I use the male version.


Dove Cream deodorant - effective and very gentle on sensitive armpits.





2 comments :

  1. Australis used to make lip balms?! I never knew that! Seems interesting. Too bad it's discontinued? :'(

    Interesting post! I've tried the Blistex lip balm and I love it!! I might give Carmex a go next time :P

    Loved this post ! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always covet my mother in law's bathroom as she has been a loyal Lancome and Loreal user forever and there is something chic about brand loyalty somehow. I am loyal to some brands in general but I do trial a lot of products. I repeat purchase from Ultraceuticals, Skinceuticals, Chanel, Laura Mercier, Alpha H, Kevin Murphy, Palmers, Invisible Zinc...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!