Monday 27 December 2010

Motives by Loren Ridinger

I  recently spent a lovely afternoon getting a custom mineral consultation with Judy from Motives by Loren Ridinger. Before Judy contacted me I'd never heard of MbLR. I looked at their website and found that the prices are very reasonable. What really interested me is that they will custom blend a foundation, blush and bronzer for you. Other than Prescriptives, I've never heard of a company who does that. 

Here's how it works. The consultant comes to your house and custom blends foundation, blush and bronzer for you, as you watch. How amazing is that! You get to decide on the finish you want (matte, shimmer or just a little bit of shimmer) for all of the products, and how dark you want your bronzer to be. All of the products are blended to your exact specifications, so you get exactly what you want. They can also blend a lip plumper for you. Their lip plumper is clear, and they can add pigments to it so that you have the exact colour that you want. Amazing isn't it?


And you know what's even better? The products are really cheap! High quality products at a cheap price, what more could you ask for?You'd imagine that a custom foundation would cost a lot, but it only costs $33 (AUD)!
 Travel foundation brush and regular foundation brush.
 Concealers. Judy used one of the concealers on me, it was lovely and didn't crease.
 The brush set.
 Judy's kit (and my toes). I wanted to keep it! (The kit that is, not my toes).
Lip products. Clockwise from left is the lip pumice, Vitamin C lip treatment, hydrating lip balm and the pink balm is the 40FY lip treatment that I need!
Lip plumper and glosses. The clear gloss is the lip plumper that you can have tinted to the colour that you want. The lip glosses smell like cake and the lip plumper smells like cinnamon.
 Lolita lipstick.
 Swatches of the glosses and lip plumper.
 Pink sand lipstick, a gorgeous colour that I want to buy.
 Cream eye shadows. I loved these, the colours are beautiful.

 A super cheap palette for $18 (unfilled).
 This palette only costs $15 (unfilled).
 Skin care. I love this little travel set. It's only $42 and the products felt lovely on my skin.
 The powders that are used to custom mix foundation, blush and bronzer.
 Clockwise from left is my finished foundation, bronzer and blush colours after they've been custom blended.
Finished blush.

 Bronzer before being mixed.
  Finished bronzer after being mixed.
 Base foundation colour.
 Second foundation colour.
 Base, second and shimmer foundation colours.
 


Foundation with a little bit of pink added in.




The finished foundation after being mixed.
If you're interested in Motives by Loren Ridinger products or would like a custom mineral foundation you can contact Judy on 0411 490 339 or by email at judy.foley@iinet.net.au. Alternatively, you can contact Judy by clicking here.

4 comments :

  1. I love the idea of custom blending foundations, as it's so hard for me to find shades that suit my natural skintone.

    Thanks for the post, very informative! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, love the idea of a custom mineral foundation shade. Have sent an email to Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be seeing Judy very soon and am very excited by this product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Let me know how you go with Judy and what you get.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!