Friday 27 August 2010

Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer


I purchased this in 02 Natural. The shade is good for me, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about this concealer.

Maybelline says: Other concealers are ordinary!
Whipped, air soft texture for a lightweight feel.
Full coverage, natural matte perfection.
Completely conceals without settling into lines or looking cakey.

GQ says:
This concealer is an epic fail for me. It creased almost immediately and made me look like I was 50, it sank into fine lines that I didn't even know I had and created some extra ones for good measure! Whilst it did manage to cover up my dark circles, the horrible creasing made it not worth the effort. I've used this a few times and every time have had horrible creasing within 10 minutes. This one is a huge fail for me.

Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, isododacane, trimethylpentanediol/adipic acid/glycerin crosspolymer, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone corsspolymer, tribehenin, polymethylsilsequioxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, silica silylate, phenoxyethanol, aluminium hydroxide, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsequioxane crosspolymer, methylparaben, bht, ethyl paraben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben.
May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride. 

8 comments :

  1. ty for the review! i was indecisive about this product. i bought the mayvelline mousse eyeshadows and that was a fail for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know about the eyeshadows, I was wondering about them but now I won't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think it would be good for blemishes? Tbh I never thought this would be good for undereyes! D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. SS, I'm testing it out on my blemishes today and it's working quite well so far. It covers them nicely and has stayed put for 5 hours so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like this one. Sorry it didn't work out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!