Monday 19 April 2010

Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm


I recently received some lovely Nivea products to test and review. It's been quite a long time since I used Nivea lip balms and I must say I've been pleasantly surprised at how great they are.

Essential Care has been really well named. It's one of those balms that is great to have around for basic lip maintenance. I can see this becoming my maintenance balm. There's nothing fancy about Essential Care, it's just a great everyday basic balm. I find it to be very hydrating even in cooler weather when my lips tend to get dry and cracked.

Nivea says: The moisturising formula of Nivea Essential Care is enriched with jojoba oil and natural shea butter to effectively care for your lips and prevent them from moisture loss, leaving your lips soft and smooth.

Essential Care is fragrance and flavour free. It applies easily and makes my lips feel soft and smooth texture. I find this lasts a few hours before I need to reapply. I usually apply lip balm every half hour but since I've been using Essential Care my lips are staying hydrated and I only need to apply balm three or four times a day. As you can see in the picture above it leaves a very subtle shine to my lips. 

Would I buy it? Yes, it's a great, effective balm.  

Ingredients: cera microcristallina, octyldodecanol, hydrogenated polydecene, cetyl palmitate, ricinus communis seed oil, myristyl myristate, cp/hexadecene copolymer, cetearyl alcohol, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, butyrospermum parkii butter, cocoglycerides, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, vp/eicosene copolymer, c20-40 alkyl stearate, cera carnaube, simmondsia chinensis oil, panthenol, vitis vinifera seed oil, glycerin, cera alba, aqua, limonene, linalool, benzyl benzoate, citral, parfum.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!