Friday 5 March 2010

The review process

I thought it might be helpful to explain how I test products before I post reviews on them.

For skincare  I don't usually write a review until I've finished the product. The only exception to this is products that I review for Primped as these reviews have to be posted within a certain time frame. If I haven't finished the product I'll write in the review how long I've been using it for. 


For make-up I like to use the product for at least a month before I review it. I figure that this gives me enough time to really test it out and see how I like it and how it affects my skin. If a product is limited edition, I want to get the review written quickly so I'll use the product every day for about a week before I post my review.


Occasionally I am sent products to review and I'll write that in my post. The majority of products I review I purchase myself. Regardless of whether I buy the product or am sent it I'll always give my honest opinion.

1 comment :

  1. Great post, I love behind the scenes stuff like this :)

    I enjoy seeing how long people take before reviewing a product, god knows I've seen enough blog posts that have to be revised because the product had a different effect later on D:

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!