Monday 8 February 2010

Designer Brands Mineral Foundation


I'm not afraid to admit that I can be a bit of a make-up snob. Not that I have a problem with cheaper products but in the past I found the quality to be inferior. I'm starting to realise that things have changed and that you can get good quality cosmetics at a reasonable price.

Mineral Foundation is one of the products that I received in my package from Designer Brands. I really like this foundation, it's one that I'd purchase for myself. Its easy to apply and gives good, natural coverage. Unlike some mineral foundations it doesn't sink into my fine lines or make my pores look huge. It has a smoothing effect and makes my skin look smooth and flawless.


I received this in Medium which was a little too dark for me so after testing it twice I gave the foundation to a friend of mine to try out. Here's her feedback: On oily skin without primer it tends to slip a bit, but as a finishing powder over liquid foundation it's lovely. It makes my skin look really smooth and it's something I'd buy again. 


Designer Brands says: Talc Free, SPF 15. All the benefits of minerals in a powder that covers like a foundation. It's weightless, talc free and fragrance free formula contains gentle minerals, aloe vera, green tea extract and vitamins c and e to help skin look fresh and radiant all day. 

Designer Brands Mineral Foundation is a bargain at $14.99.

Ingredients: mica, petrolatum, ethyl palmitate, silica, squalane, cyclomethicone, dimethicone, propylparaben, methylparaben, vitamin e, aloe vera, vitamin c, green tea extract.
May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides 77941, 77492, 77499.

3 comments :

  1. I'd have never thought to try their mineral foundation, it just looked so cheap and it could envisage it turning orange on my skin. I probably won't end up buying it anyway, but I'm glad I was proved wrong.

    I love their lipliners, eyeliners and nail polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried their mineral foundation, but I have tried the liquid foundation and I have to say, it's pretty damn good considering it's so cheap!
    I also adore their lipliners, eyeliners and lipsticks. So cheap, yet so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for following me! I'm glad to have found another Aussie blog lol. I looked at your other one too, my dad has Chohn's as well so I've seen how horrible it can be. Stay positive! Hope you are well xox :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!