Friday 13 November 2009

Avene Lip Balm with Cold Cream


I need a new lip balm like I need a hole in the head, however I recently went out and bought Avene's Lip Balm in desperation (and because I've been wanting to try it for ages and this was a good excuse). I've got a sore at the corner of my mouth that's driving me crazy. It's due to my vitamin deficiencies which I'm doing my best to remedy, but as my body doesn't absorb things very well this is proving difficult. But enough about that. In the past when I've had these sores they've gone away within a few days, but I've had this one for 5 days now and it's driving me crazy. I read a review on Beauty Heaven that said that Avene's balm had helped heal sores like mine so I went and bought it.


On the first day of using it I found that the sore stopped being painful. It'd hurt every time I opened my mouth, but after I'd been using the balm for half a day it no longer hurt to open my mouth. On the second day the sore had started to disappear and wasn't at all painful. I only applied the balm twice on the second day. By the third day the sore was gone and I was amazed.


Avene says: Eau Thermale Avene Lip Balm with its highly advanced formula provides lips with softness and protection. Contains a unique and exceptional combination of cold cream and sucralfate to help improve dry and chapped lips. Use daily for soft, smooth and beautiful lips. Enriched with soothing Avene Thermal Spring Water. Moisturises, nourishes and protects lip against cracking, chapping and dryness. Provides long lasting comfort. Formulated with the purest of ingredients for sensitive lips.

Strangely enough, as a lip balm I'm not overly impressed. It does a good jobof keeping my lips soft and hydrated but it just feels a little strange on my lips, as if it's slightly irritating.

Avene Lip Balm looks white in the tube, but goes on clear with a very slight shine. The shine is subtle enough to be barely detectable, making this balm suitable for men to use also.

Would I buy it again? Yes, it's an amazing product.


Ingredients: ricinus communis seed oil, isopropyl palmitate, hydrogenated lanolin, petrolatum, ozokerite, mineral oil, hydrogenated castor oil, squalane, beeswax, cetyl esters, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, hydrogenated polyisobutene, aluminium sucrose octasulfate, glyceryl linoleate, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, mica, avene thermal spring water, butyrospermum parkii, flavour, glyceryl linolenate, isopropyl myristate, propylparaben, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, titanium dioxide, tocopheryl acetate.

3 comments :

  1. GQ, have you tried using shea butter? That's my wonder cream for almost everything. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music, I haven't tried shea butter. I'll have to try that next time, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Avene products, they're great! I haven't seen this balm, actually, and I don't need it, fortunarely, LOL, but I really recommend their other products.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!