Tuesday 27 October 2009

Tokyo Milk BonBon Lip Balm


I spied these in David Jones recently and had to buy one because of the gorgeous box and the flavours that they had. I got the Let Them Eat Cake. As you'd imagine, it smells and tastes amazing, just like cake. This would have to be one of the best tasting lip balms that I've ever used.

It comes in a gorgeous little pot that is the perfect size for carrying around in my handbag. The ingredients aren't listed on the box so it wasn't until I got home and read the insert that I realised this balm contained petrolatum. I try to avoid products with petrolatum in them where possible. Despite the petrolatum, I have to say that I love this balm because of the amazing flavour!

If it wasn't for the flavour this would be a rather ordinary balm. It's quite light and can be a little greasy if I only put on a light layer. Once I put a thick enough layer on the greasiness goes away and it feels nice on my lips.

As for the moisturising factor, it's pretty good. It hydrates well enough and leaves my lips feeling soft. Balm wise it's nothing amazing, it's just the flavour that's amazing. 

Would I buy it again? No, for the price there are better balms available.

Ingredients: sunflower seed oil, petrolatum, cera alba, scrumptious flavour, lanolin, ozokerite, tocopheryl, aloe barbadensid leaf extract and canola oil, butyrospermum parkii, cetyl alcohol, stevia rebaudiana bertoni sweet leaf extract.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!