Friday 2 October 2009

Estee Lauder Turbolash Gold Effects Mascara

This product is another one of my Primped VIP products.
I was so excited when I received Estee Lauder's Turbolash mascara, I've been wanting it for ages and I really wanted to love this but I just can't get along with it. I've tried and tried but I can't make it work for me. I like mascaras that give volume, thickness and a little length. Turbolash gives me none of those things, it looks like I'm not wearing mascara.

I really struggled with this. The first few times that I used it my lashes all stuck together and looked awful. Now that I've had it for a few weeks it's not so sticky, but it still doesn't do anything for my lashes at all.

I received the Gold Effects version of Turbolash, which has gold glitter through it. You can't really see it from the picture above though. When I'm wearing it the glitter is subtle and barely noticeable, although there are some large glitter particles that stick to my eyelashes and have to be removed. When I'm wearing this my eyelashes feel quite heavy, probably because of the glitter.

The mascara design is quite interesting. When you twist the lid to take the wand out, the brush starts vibrating. It's a very soft, subtle vibration. I was initially worried that the vibration would make Turbolash difficult to use but it doesn't, it's barely noticeable and when I'm applying the mascara I'm not even aware of the vibration. I can't say that the vibration helps the mascara apply any differently, it seems like a bit of a gimmick to me.

I'm wondering if it's the glitter that makes this an ineffective mascara, as I've spoken to other people who've used the regular Turbolash with great success.

Would I buy this? No, it's expensive and does nothing for me.

1 comment :

  1. I had trouble too :/ I got it as a gift and it's quite liquidy for a mascara... Disappointed definitely.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!