Tuesday 13 October 2009

Bobbi Brown Slate Long-Wear Cream Shadow

Cream eye shadows are my latest obsession. I've put aside all my powder eye shadows and am only wearing cream eye shadows at the moment. It was Bobbi Browns Long-Wear Cream shadow in Slate that started the obsession. At the moment Slate is the only one of Bobbi Browns cream eyeliners that I have, but I'm intending to get more soon.

The Bobbi Brown website describes slate as a medium grey which is totally wrong. Mine is a mid toned taupe, it doesn't look grey at all.

Bobbi Brown says that this is crease proof and water proof. I can't comment on it being water proof as I don't often get my eyelids wet unless I'm in the shower, and as for crease proof, it is most of the time. I've found that the trick to making sure it doesn't crease is to use a light dusting of powder over my eyelids before putting the shadow on. That helps to soak up any oil and helps the shadow to stick. Every now and again I'll find that this creases, but the creasing is minimal and doesn't happen very often.

Would I buy it again? Yes, I'm planning on getting more colours soon.

Ingredients: isododecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, trihydroxystearin, copernicia cerifera wax/cera carnaube/cire de carnauba, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, propylene carbonate, bht.
May contain: mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, manganese violet, blue 1 lake, ferric ferrocyanide, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green, carmine.

1 comment :

  1. I love cream shadows but for some reason I've never tried the bobbi brown ones. I think I need to pop over the my nearest counter and have a look!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!