Friday 7 August 2009

Maybelline Superstay Lipcolour


Maybelline says: This long-wearing lip colour creates 16 feel-good hours of luminous colour. Flexible formula moves with your lips for no caking or flaking. Ultra-conditioning, refillable balm seals in softness for all-day comfort.
Superaway Lip color Remover with Vitamin E gently removes all traces of long wear lip colour
For best results
apply the liquid colour to your clean, bare lips. Then it’s two minutes to perfection! Remember to allow a full two minutes to dry, then apply ultra-conditioning balm to seal in softness. Reapply balm as needed.

Sounds great doesn't it? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm always skeptical about the claims of cosmetic companies because so often they don't live up to their claims. Superstay Lip colour sort of lives up to its claims.

I really like the colour selection available, there are some gorgeous colours. I have this in Mauve, which is a gorgeous natural looking colour. I don't find this lasts 16 hours on me, it lasts about 1/2 a day before all the colour is gone. As with all the other long lasting lipsticks I've tried it starts out feeling sticky and then once it's dry I don't feel it on my lips at all.

The balm that comes with Superstay is really nice. I like that it can be replaced too, so if you finish the balm before the lipstick you can get another balm.

Would I buy it again? Yes, it's a fairly good product.

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for the review! I was skeptical about the 16 hour thing too...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!